J update #4000

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, he's managed to get kicked out of another home. He was drug tested and of course tested positive. Argument ensues to where the police are called.

So, we get this frantic call on Saturday that he has too much stuff to go to a homeless shelter...he's just paid his $300 rent the day before so he has no money until this Friday. He doesn't want to lose all his clothes, etc.

I calmly give my opinion to husband... let consequences fall. He decides to wire him $80 for two nights in a cheap hotel. After that, he's on his own.

I swear the boy has lead in his head. :grrr:

Abbey

kris

<span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style="color: #6600CC"> sigh. not good that he tested positive.

is he on parole & will this be a violation???

you must just. want. to. scream!!

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Abbey

Spork Queen
He is on parole, but for some reason he didn't think this would violate it. We have no contact with the new parole officer, who is strictly adhearing to privacy laws.

Abbey

kris

<span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style="color: #6600CC"> sadly J seems to do much better with-in the confines of the prison than he does on the outside. something about the tight structure maybe?

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Irene_J

I'm so sorry. Our difficult children always have a "but" at the end of everything. No drugs allowed, "but it was just......"; you can't skip any more days at school, "but what if......."; no more disrepectful talk, "but I just said......"

I hope you and your husband are hanging in okay.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>The sad part is the "hold" the addiction has to the point of J giving over his life to it. He doesn't think of the consequences and he doesn't think of the family he used to be a part of......I grieve with you on the situation your son is in....</span>

:crying: :crying:

SunnyFlorida

It's so sad that they feel they just can't stop using. They can be without for many months then whamo they're free and they use just because they can.

I'm afraid your journey is still not over Abbey. Glad the po is sticking to the privacy issue. A great detachment helper.

Jen

Their rationalization for the choices they make sure doesnt make any sense like they wish it would.

Sorry, it continues to go down hill, like for most of us.

Jen

Abbey

Spork Queen
He has always done better when confined. It limits his choices, which obviously he needs. I don't know that will ever change.

I would like to be able to converse with the parole officer, or the head whever he is staying, but they hold strictly to privacy issues. It's sad as we might be able to help or give advice.

His second day of paid lodging is over. It will be interesting what transpires. We suggested him getting a second job... that was met with utter amazement. I guess he thinks he's the only person on Earth that would every do that. :faint:

Abbey