J update

Abbey

Spork Queen
(I have to sneak this post in as husband is becoming upset at board time. GET OVER IT.)

John called last night to husband's cell. He actually asked to talk to me. We must have talked for an hour. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a normal conversation with him.

He's still unemployed, but is looking for work. He is just picking up odd jobs here and there. He's tested clean for almost 6 months.

I think...fingers tightly crossed...that this last stint was it for him. He says he never wants to go back to prison and that way of life. I guess he found his bottom.

So slowly, ever so slowly, the wall is starting to tear down between us. I hope I'm not opening myself up to being taken again.

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Well, 6 months is a long time in my book......hope he can find a job, then learn how to cope with money and not go out binging to celebrate!.........

B

bran155

That is great. 6 months clean, that is a real accomplishment, kudo's to him!!! I am glad you were able to engage in a nice conversation with him, you must have been on cloud nine. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and him.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey

Six months is a pretty long time. He's done good. :D

Keeping my fingers crossed that he can continue to do well. And that he grows stronger along the way.

Positive update though. And that's always a good thing.

Hugs

witzend

Just thinkin', Abbey. How can husband even be aware of how much time you are on the board when he is so busy unpacking all of those boxes and setting up house?

:rofl: