jail/no jail

Jody

Okay, difficult child and I are in a bad place. I have been bawling and sitting on my hands to keep things from escalating but oh my goodness, its getting difficult. I am afraid that difficult child is going to go back into fostercare. She keeps posting things about me and is so disrespectful to me and her teachers, She is as crabby as she can be and she keeps flicking me off and saying nasty and mean things and cursing. I mean if I tell her to do anything, its a major temper tantrum. She's almost 15 and she is really acting out of control. She smart with everyone, and yet she says its everyone elses fault. I am tired of it and just not going to go back into this lifeI am ranting i am trying to keep busy so that I dont explode on her.

Boy she sure knows how to be nice long enough to get what she wants. I can't do this, I just can't. I want to be happy and I am going to be. I just bought a three bedroom mobile home, thinking she would be here but its not looking that way at all. I just can't raise this kid. I sit here on my couch thinking if she says another flippin word to me, I am going to go to jail. Please send me some good wishes and prayers that I remain call and she doesn't come near me. Anyone know a good joke??????

mom_to_3

I know that feeling and can sympathize with you. I'm so sorry for that. Deep breaths, scream in a pillow, stay away from her knowing that tomorrow will come and you will be able to make a plan. Sending strength and an understanding ear and heart your way.

JJJ

Deep breaths! Keep posting here and try to ignore her. If she gets physical, call 911 and lock yourself in the bathroom until they get there.

("Keeps posting"...ah, heck no....shut off her internet tomorrow. No little witchy would be posting koi on internet I paid for. Don't do it tonight when you are already on edge, wait until you can calmly deal with it.)

Jody

I contacted Verizon and had it turned
off a few seconds ago, waiting for the explosion, just took all my breakable valuable into my bedroom, and to keep her from throwing anything at me, I am a nervous wreck, and so is my dog Broady. I hate this, and have never ever seen a more ungrateful child in my life, Okay she has realized it right now,

Jody

is anyone on here????? Im waiting for the bomb to drop and I am nervous. I can feel her anger building up from down the hall. I just bought this place and don't want holes in the wall. oh gosh, I don't like this, I am going to bed I guess and lock my bedroom door and tomorrow try to figure out what I am gonna do.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Hang in there Jody, I don't know what else to say except tomorrow may be a good day to figure out what your options are. Being afraid in your own home is terrible. Sending hugs and good thoughts.............

Jody

thanks IC, im taking my laptop, my purse and everything else i can think of to my bedroom and locking the door. I am not going to even let this go any further.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Jody, keep your cell phone near you, lock your door, if anything scary or violent or weird happens, call the police immediately. Keep posting if it feels better, I'm in CA. (it's earlier here) and around for a bit..........

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
The minute she does ANYTHING that can be seen as a threat, call 911. Tell them you fear for your life and why. It might not even be a bad idea to do it now, to give them warning. If they were to show up at the house, how do you think she will react. Would she lose it in front of them, you know, witnesses or is she conniving enough to "play" them and go after you when they leave? I'm scared for you. What can you do to be proactive?

buddy

Just saw this
I was dealing with similar ....q has a dr appointment and realized a plan at school tomorrow won't happen. He blew a gasket, kicking my bed, saying I had to fix it, threatening me......

Lately I gather my stuff in a big bag. My phone on me and I sneak my car. I tell him I need a break and if he's loud the neighbors may call the police so work it out.

Sometimes I leave just a block away ....usually he begs me to stay.

I admit when he is threatening and grabbing stuff, stomping and blocking me I can feel like I wish I could just get him back. I never would but I can feel like wanting to punch him ( he'd just flip and fight) .....just having those thoughts feels awful, even though I know it's natural to want to defend myself, I leave to take myself down...

He cools off too. You have another kid there though, right? . So that might not work unless you both leave.....

I'm sorry. Different situations but the aggression I can empathize with....

buddy

Hope your ok...
Q calmed in only 20. Luckily he was willing to take extra medications, sigh.

Please check in when you get a chance.

DammitJanet

Jody, I hope things have calmed down because a mobile home is the last place you can even attempt to secure yourself in any really safe way. The doors are pitiful as far as locking yourself inside any room. A butter knife will open any door and even if you attempt to put a better lock on a door, a good swift kick or even leaning heavily on the door will push the door frame in. Trust me, I know. Hardly any of my doors shut well. "

If you have to do the foster care go round again, well you may have to. That age is hard. When Cory was in his mid teens it felt like he lived out of a Hefty bag because about every 6 weeks I was calling his case worker to come get him and send him back to another group home.

Jody

I am okay. She is being pleasant this morning becasue she wants her phone back, This is going to escalate because as soon as she realizes nice isnt working its gonna get hard, ut for the moment i am safe and okay. Last night made me sick to my stomach. I dont want to live like this, and I have got to say, she is close to leaving again.

Bunny

I have had nights like that with difficult child. Will she go to school this morning? Keep posting so that we know you're all right.

DDD

Just read the thread and want you to know I care. Fortunately I have not dealt with violence so I have no words of wisdom. on the other hand I know you are wonderful and deserve to live in a fearless environment. Hugs DDD