Jane aka Isabel Passed Away

Stella Johnson

Sorry if my post may be disjointed or not make sense at times. Not sure how many of the older members are still around. My username used to be Stella Johnson. My dear friend, Jane aka Isabel, was a member.

Jane passed away last night. She had a 2 year battle with Pancreatic cancer. Her doctor gave her 4 weeks to live a few weeks ago. I flew up to spend a week with her a few weeks ago. I'm so glad I got to spend time with her. When I was leaving we were both crying. I had a bad feeling it would be the last time.

She wasn't ready to die. She fought until the end. She did tell me she was tired of the pain, but she didn't want to give up. I just talked to her night before last. We only talked for a few minutes. She wasn't doing well.

Jane is with the angels now and isn't in pain any longer. I know she's feeling so much better now. Just the rest of us weren't ready to let her go.

Rest In Peace, Jane.

Steph

Stella Johnson

Please keep her difficult child in your thoughts and prayers. I'm not sure how he will handle this. He has been doing much better than when he was young but losing his mother won't be easy for him. He's 21 now.

New Leaf

Hi Stella,
I am new here but wanted to offer my sincere condolences for the sadness and loss of your dear friend and fellow warrior mom Jane.

We are all family here with the common bond of having gone through the battle of dealing with difficult children.

May Jane rest in peace and may her son strive towards a better life despite losing his mom.

I am glad you were able to spend precious time with Jane.

I am sure your presence and friendship gave her great comfort.

God Bless
(((Hugs)))
leafy

mom_to_3

So sorry to hear this. I remember her. Hope her son finds the strength to carry on in a positive way. RIP Jane.

Last edited:

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
How very sad. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will say a prayer for Jane's son.

((HUGS)) to you................

slsh

member since 1999
Oh Stella... I'm heartbroken. She was such a great lady - another wonderful warrior mom.

I met her many many years ago - she was in town for business so we got together. I think she was the first person from the board I'd met in real life. She was utterly delightful. We sat down and had dinner and just talked and talked and talked. It was like we'd known each other forever. She was so down to earth...

I will most certainly keep her son in my thoughts. I'm glad to hear he has been doing better. I hope that he will be able to carry Izzy's love with him and that it will see him through this horrible time.

She was a wonderful woman... I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this.

Last edited:

Ephchap

I was very sorry to hear about Isabelle/Jane. She was an incredible woman/warrior mom. I'm heartbroken to hear of her passing. I can't believe her little one is now a young adult. Wow. I know you two were close. I'm very sorry.

Stella Johnson

Oh Stella... I'm heartbroken. She was such a great lady - another wonderful warrior mom.

I met her many many years ago - she was in town for business so we got together. I think she was the first person from the board I'd met in real life. She was utterly delightful. We sat down and had dinner and just talked and talked and talked. It was like we'd known each other forever. She was so down to earth...

I will most certainly keep her son in my thoughts. I'm glad to hear he has been doing better. I hope that he will be able to carry Izzy's love with him and that it will see him through this horrible time.

She was a wonderful woman... I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this.

I remember when she met you. She really enjoyed meeting you. She still wanted to fight and still had fight in her. I guess that's why I was so shocked. Only 5% with pancreatic cancer make it a year. She made it over 2 years.

Stella Johnson

I was very sorry to hear about Isabelle/Jane. She was an incredible woman/warrior mom. I'm heartbroken to hear of her passing. I can't believe her little one is now a young adult. Wow. I know you two were close. I'm very sorry.

Her son is doing really well. He has a job and was working on going back to a previous job with a window company when I was up there. He's so mature now. We sat and had a talk for quite a while one night. Was so strange talking on an adult level with him. He's come so far. He has a large group of friends that are kind of like a "wolf pack". He's got a girlfriend too. I talked to Jane's husband just now. Her son is doing a little better. The last couple of days were rough for him.

I don't know if I would have made it through my daughter's elementary and junior high years without Jane and Fran.

Nancy

I am so very sorry Stella. I will keep her family in my prayers. I remember her well and am so sad for you all. Thank you for keeping us informed. Stella will be added to the warrior mom's who we have loved and lost but will be remembered with deep gratitude for their part in helping all of us on our journey.

You may remember Kris from this board. She and I became very close, often talking on the phone for hours. I was heartbroken when she passed away. I found myself talking to her in my head, my loss was deep. We share a special bond on this board.

Thank you for letting us know.

pigless in VA

Steph,

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is wonderful that the two you bonded so deeply. I'm glad that you were able to spend time with her before she passed. Many hugs for your hurting heart.

Stella Johnson

I am so very sorry Stella. I will keep her family in my prayers. I remember her well and am so sad for you all. Thank you for keeping us informed. Stella will be added to the warrior mom's who we have loved and lost but will be remembered with deep gratitude for their part in helping all of us on our journey.

You may remember Kris from this board. She and I became very close, often talking on the phone for hours. I was heartbroken when she passed away. I found myself talking to her in my head, my loss was deep. We share a special bond on this board.

Thank you for letting us know.

I remember Kris. We used to talk quite a bit too. Board seems strange without her to me still to this day. She was a very no-nonsense type person.

Copabanana

Stella, I am sorry.

I am new in the past year too. I will keep her child in my heart and pray for him.

I am struck at how close we become through all of this. Thank you.

COPA

Kathy813

Staff member
We have lost several wonderful members since I joined many years ago.

Joybells, Kris, DDD and now KLMNO and Isabel.

I miss them all.

~Kathy

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am hoping her son will continue to remain "ok" after this disastrous loss of his mom. And am so sorry for the loss of a friend.

Marcie

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry to hear her last years were filled with such a struggle.. She was amazing and will be missed. It is good to hear from you, though I am sorry for the reason.. My prayers go to her family.

Californiablonde

I don't remember her, but my memory is bad now that I'm in my forties. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and her family can find some peace and comfort.