Janet, how are you?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I read one of your responses to GCV's thread and have been thinking about you.
How is your health?
It sounds like your medications are still in need of stabilizing? Are you on the right ones, in your opinion?
Instability just hoovers, are you getting any support, is your therapist around?
I am sorry things have been hard.

I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you...
I just fought with the medication adjustments and the out of whack moods for a while.
Hang in there, you are a serious trooper!

DammitJanet

Im just gonna post about my problems...lol.

Let me rate my pain first today. I had quite a busy day. I had lunch out with Joy and that was really pleasant. I always enjoy being with her so much. We had chinese....yum yum! We talked about the kids and other stuff. Eventually I got around to telling her about the voices or whatever you want to call them. We really arent sure what it is that is happening to me. After lunch I went to the bank but I stayed in the car, then Cory and I went to Linda's and got Keyana. We sat there for a little while then I dropped them off at Cory's house and I went to the store. I didnt get home till 4:30. I was exhausted and in so much pain. I would rate my pain today at about a 7.

I want to talk a little about these new symptoms. I have been having bad headaches and neck pain along with these racing thoughts and a feeling of pressure and heaviness in my stomach area. I feel like I have to push through the heaviness and rush someplace. It is so hard to describe. The voices or really just a voice is like an argument with myself telling me that something isnt right and I should be doing something else but I cant figure out what I am thinking because the thought moves away quickly right before it finishes. It almost feels like there is someone else inside me trying to break out. The pressure thing happens most often when I am either laying down or walking in a crowded place. The voices thing is starting to happen quite often if I am alone. I will chew my teeth and it will happen. This is really starting to freak me out. I am gonna call the psychiatrist on monday and see about getting in soon for a medication check.

DammitJanet

Oh...PS. Joy is my therapist...or she was. My insurance doesnt cover her degree and so they wont pay so I cant "see" her. We meet weekly for lunch out of the goodness of her heart. She is one special lady. I absolutely love this woman and would be lost without her. We have been together since 2/06.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
...PS. Joy is my therapist...

:whew: Thank goodness. I was afraid you were having delusions about talking to our sweet Joybells (who died!).

I hope you can find some relief, Janet.

Big hugs,
Suz

DDD

Good choice, Janet. I think you are wise to reach out now and try to see if medications are the issue or some other type of adjustment is needed. Way To Go! DDD

DammitJanet

LOL....and it would be strange for me to channel Joybells why? I am crazy ya know!

I know how lucky I am to have this woman. Not many professionals would give of their time like this. She even buys my lunch half the time. I try to grab the check though because I figure paying for lunch is the least I can do...lol. I often thought that when I stopped being her patient we were going to become friends because we had so much in common and we really seemed to genuinely like each other. I think that is what is happening. She has a reformed difficult child son about Cory's age and a grandbaby about Keyana's age.

On the medication front...I do know my body and mind fairly well. Well...as long as I am awake...lol. I am convinced that this is all a side effect of the meningitis. I dont think I am "well" from that yet. I look a whole lot better and I can now walk and feed myself but my brain is still damaged. I dont think that is healed yet. Maybe my chemistry changed.

TerryJ2

Janet, I noticed, too, the comment on the other thread and am glad Totoro started this post.
You really sound like you have a good grip on things, despite the problems you've had. You are lucky you have an analytical tendency to balance out your emotions and sort through them. Bravo.

Joy sounds like ... a joy. :)

I wish you well. :)

everywoman

I, too, saw the comment and was concerned. I'm glad you posted and that you are going to get in to get a medication check. Have them check your thyroid levels as well---Mine went bad after my bad bout with bacterial pneumonia---after months of feeling bad, getting anti-depressants started, I still felt like ****. A routine blood check at work revealed really bad levels of TSH.....just a simple test can check your levels.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well thank you for updating us, despite feeling like carp.
Hey therapy is great no matter how you can get it!
She sounds awesome!
That is insightful, the thought that maybe your chemistry has changes?
You do know your body best... even when it is all wonkey.
I hope you get some stabilization soon. And NO punching the walls!!!

rejectedmom

Janet I'm sorry to hear of your pain and your feelings that things aren't right. Glad for your friend Joy and hope when you see your psychiatrist you can get things straightened out. -RM

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hey Janet, I'm also sorry to hear of the pain/medication stuff going on. I hope that your docs can help you somehow. Sending hugs & healing thoughts~