Janet, how did it go?

meowbunny

I've been thinking about you and Cory all day. Have said a few prayers that you got through this without too much pain. Even knowing what is coming, knowing how things probably will go, it has to be hard. I keep hoping the outcome will be good but, from what you've said, I doubt it.

Many hugs and prayers.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks for making this thread Meow Bunny

Janet -Cory

You've both been in my thoughts and prayers all day. Looking for a miracle!!!

Echoing Star, thank you MB for starting this thread.

Janet, you and Cory have been weighing heavy on my mind today. Hugs and prayers, check in when you can.

DammitJanet

Sorry I didnt get on here sooner but thanks for thinking of us.

Well...they didnt take him today so we have to do this all again next week! Seems his probation officer is missing in action and they cant revoke the probation without this PO. Im actually glad he got the week reprieve because it means he can do easter with his daughter. I also am completely worn out from the roller coaster ride our emotions are taking because of this though. I do think he is learning to value freedom though.

On a good note, he is attempting to reach out for help from mental health and says he knows he needs something. Maybe a slight glimmer.

meowbunny

Glad to hear he has this extra time to spend with his daughter. Maybe if he were to go to mental health now, it might help a little (or do you think it would just be looked at as a ploy?). I hope the waiting doesn't drive you all up the wall.

Hugs!

Well I don't think it would hurt.

Enjoy that glimmer, even if it is all it turns out to be. Enjoy the holiday with him, and please try to stay in the moment.

Our support for you will be there again next week.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Holding onto that glimmer with both hands Janet. Maybe we can keep it around that way.

I'm glad he won't miss Easter with Keyana. This one is gonna be so cute. lol

Hugs

F

flutterbee

I'm glad he's still home, but am so sorry you're not off the ride, yet. I cannot imagine the emotional toll this is taking.

Hold onto that glimmer.

scent of cedar

Janet, you are such a good and supportive mom and grandma!

Never knowing for sure what is going to happen ~ or when ~ must be its own kind of torture.

I am glad you will have this Easter with your family.

How old is Cory's daughter now, Janet?

Barbara

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet,

The letter I wrote the prosecutor stated:

difficult child has mental health issues
difficult child has those issues from bad childhood
difficult child was supposed to have services after Department of Juvenile Justice in Group home from hell and never got what he was promised and this LACK of supervision was partly to blame for him being out on a moped at midnight
It also stated that I did not believe knowing how anxiety ridden difficult child was in Department of Juvenile Justice that he would do what he was accused of. No way.
Then I went on to list all the services that the group home SHOULD have done in 5 months and did not - but WE did in 2 weeks.....

Then I reported that Dude is doing well with all the services in place and listed them.

Lastly I stated that to put Dude in prison for 6 years would let him out as an uneducated person with no job skills at 23. And that the services in place for his well being were working like they should have if the Group home had kept their part of our deal - and jail is not a solution for our son.

I would be glad to fwd you that letter and you can make revisions - if you think it would help Cory - ???? Or help you write one.

Not that you need help - but you Know what I mean??

Hugs
Star

susiestar

Roll With It
Glad he can spend Easter with his daughter. Hopefully he will get some help for himself and get off this terrible rollercoaster.

Hugs,

Susie