Janet....Isn't your newest grandbaby due soon?

DammitJanet

I had planned on calling her Kenzie and she will probably be Kenzie in school just like Keyana is that in school and some in the family still call her Keke. She answers to both. However, McKenzie is going to be saddled by the fact that her name is McKenzie Mcxxxx. In other words...she is really...Mc Mc. Or in phonetic terms...it would sound like Mick Mick. what can you do with that other than Mickey? LOL.

DammitJanet

No...Keyana is called keyana...or sometimes keke. I dont know if you remember back when she was born we all called her Keke. All the time...it was Keke. In fact, her Uncle Billy calls her Monkey or Monkeybutt unless he is mad at her and trying to punish her and being stern and uses her whole name.Then he will say...Keyana Cheyenne.

McKenzie will most likely be called Kenzie in school. Most likely Mickey will be a family nickname. But with those Mick Mick sounding names...who knows.

Maybe its just our family but we tend to use nicknames from the start...Hailie is Hay hay. Micheal has been Mikey.

InsaneCdn

...it would sound like Mick Mick. what can you do with that other than Mickey?

Maybe the song didn't make it to the States, but way back when (25 or 30 years ago...), there was a song called "(I've got the) MicMac Rotary Blues".

Spelling is no longer politically correct... Miq'maq' I think they use now... but that name comes from an east coast First Nations ... and was the name of a major traffic circle called the MicMac Rotary.

Anyway... this whole Mick Mick thing... pulled up the stupid song in my head... Mick Mick.... Mick Mack???

DammitJanet

lol...some folks here do know Corys Last name and it is also the name of a popular home magazine that women in general tend to like to read. Unfortunately we arent related to those that publish it...lol.