Janet

DammitJanet

My doctor wasnt going to be there today when I called them to reschedule from tomorrow to today so I just kept tomorrows appointment. I also had to take Billy to pick up his new car today.

My ear isnt quite as painful though I still cant hear a thing. It still hurts but not as bad. Kind of dropped from a 9 down to a 7.

busywend

Yikes - don't mess with hearing! I might has missed something, but I hope you get on the mend soon. I assume you have anti-biotics already?

DammitJanet

I am feeling a slight bit better and I do have my standing monthly appointment wednesday at 2 so I will make sure they make sure this is healing or that they do something to change the treatment. Maybe I have something trapped, such as a tube where the fluid cant drain out properly which is why I am still in so much pain. We can feel my gland enlarged on that side. The left side is much better. Good thing or I would be completely deaf!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You need a different antibiotic, the 1st one should have already had you symptom free by now. Don't leave without a new script.

You don't want your ear drum rupturing like poor Darrin's did a few weeks back. :(

Hugs

witzend

If you are feeling better, even a little bit, that is a good sign. I hope you won't have to start fresh with a new antibiotic. They are so hard on the system!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
*taps foot impatiently*

So???? Did you see the doctor?? What did he say?? Do you have a new script?? Are you feeling any better at all?

Been waiting for an update if you can't tell. LOL

Hugs

DammitJanet

Im FINALLY home!

doctor appointment was at 2...got in about 3...out at 4! They were really backed up today and had one poor woman they sent to the ER for emergency admit to the hospital. Poor thing! Only one doctor on rotation with one PA too and by the time I got there they had already seen over 40 patients!

I still have the inner ear infection, definite fluid built up there. My lymph node under my ear is swollen. No fever and wbc is looking ok. Said ear looks icky...lol. Nice professional opinion there. Is concerned that levaquin hasnt eliminated the symptoms yet but doesnt want to change in mid stream.

Started me on nasonex and wanted to start me on zyrtex d but since that isnt covered by insurance and I am flat out broke, I am doing with with benadryl and sudafed. I already had those and dont know why it didnt occur to me to be taking at least the sudafed already. In my mind, an antihistamine and decongestant is a rose is a rose. Of course, finish the levaquin. If I dont feel any better by the time the levaquin is done, I am to call back. Hopefully with the two new things and the rest of the levaquin, this will turn around.

And maybe one day I will be able to hear again! You have no idea how bad Idol sounded last night with only one ear to hear!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, FYI zyrtec is now sold over the counter and you can pick it up at wallie world....or better yet pick up the generic and save quite a bit as it's the same thing. Did you run past the doctor the over the counter medications you're wanting to use?? One thing pharm has given me new respect for is how you can unkowingly put yourself into grave danger mixing OTC medications with script medications.

I hope it clears up soon.

((hugs))

DammitJanet

Well I seriously doubt good old benedryl and sudafed are bad for me. They are two of the oldest medications on the market. I think sudafed was the first pill I learned to swallow...lol. Its that little red pill. Shame the meth manufacturers had to go and mess up a good drug. Now to get the real thing, we have to act like we are buying illegal drugs and sneak up to the pharmacy window and sign over our first born.