Jeez...she's running for prom queen, but refuses to go to prom with a date...lol. WTH

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It hasn't been that long since my kids left high school.

But I had to teach them that hs is the time when they get to know the opposite sex and gain experience dealing with them. Not sex. Just dealing with the differences that are male/female, which can be complicated enough. That whole we got to stick to one guy/girl thing had just started here. I actively taught they were supposed to date more than one person, there is a difference between "dating" and a relationship. As a result, they had both in hs..........and appreciated the difference, understood the difference in a way their peers are still struggling to grasp.

As I recall easy child had a date to one prom and went with a group of friends to another.........I'm thinking there is a 3rd prom in there somewhere too. LOL Nichole went twice with her now husband and once with another guy who actually was a total jerk and is now firmly settled in on the sexual predator list for ohio. omg Not that he ever touched Nichole. If she didn't lay him out cold, I would have......if I didn't then Fred would have taken him apart piece by piece. The kid knew it and respected the boundaries. The girls dates were far more afraid of me than Fred usually. LOL

I thought it odd that I'd have to actually teach my girls what once used to be taken for granted. But then again...........now days a toddler male/female are friends and the parents carry on about how they're going to be married blah blah blah.......so I guess I shouldn't be surprised expectations have changed.

BusynMember

Well, sadly, with girls giving boys oral sex under the staircases and in locker rooms in middle school, things have certainly sped up a lot! Not to mention the ones who actually do have full sex and get pregnant at fourteen. My oldest became sexually active around 17...she was more interested in drugs than boys in her early high school years. Jumper wants nothing to do with sex and neither does her best female friend. The boy she is going to prom with is also 'safe." But most of her friends are sexually active by now. I mean, she's 16 1/2 and remember the old "Sweet sixteen and never been kissed?" Well, now that has evolved to..."Sweet sixteen and never had sex???"

It's sad.