Jerk at work- Did I do the right thing?

DammitJanet

I was thinking like Shari too. I can see doing this to like my hubby, my BFF, my brother or sister. Or maybe even the principal at school on senior prank day. But the comments about using too much medication and the underwear are too bizarre. This would be something you would do on a special day and you decorate the car with balloons or something for a birthday maybe.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
he came into my room saying he cannot believe I was offended, and his jaw was on the floor (please) that he had gotten called in the office, etc....blah, blah.. He was mad I called him on it. I asked him why he didn't say sorry at all, until he got in "trouble", and why when he was called on his phone he didn't come clean- (then maybe I would have forgiven him),
he gave me some bs, I didn't forgive him and walked away.

Watch your back!!

If this guy thinks stealing your car is a funny joke....be cautious of what he might do to show you how "wrong" you were for reporting him.

--DaisyF

witzend

Yep. Watch your back. It wasn't a rational thing to do, and whatever he comes up with next isn't going to be rational later. (I PM'd you about something else.)

Please be very careful UAN.

I would have called the police when I couldn't find my car in the place I left it, despite the "heads up" from the coworker. There is something seriously wrong here, and your privacy has been inappropriately invaded. This person has no concept of boundaries.

Valerie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wouldn't it be priceless if your boss jumped out of his office Monday morning and you all yelled to the new owner of a gerbil
GOT YA......

I agree - he's to be watched

Marguerite

Next time - don't do this without checking with the police first, of course, but I'd be saying something like, "I had $5000 in my purse and it's gone. Does anyone know who's been near my bag?"

Whoops. Just joking.

Watch your back.

I had a sociopathic co-worker some years ago, he was a real worry. He tried to get me drunnk at the Christmas party by spiking my drink. Luckily he only used alcohol and I've always been a very aware, canny drinker. But my annoyance at it all, the outrage I broadcast - the place was full of idiots who wanted to bring me down a peg or two because of my "uptightness". Another co-worker slipped me some hash brownies "Here, have a few herbal cookies." Apparently some first-rate hash oil had gone into them. It took me three days to climb down from the ceiling (although I was over the worst of it after 24 hours). NOT impressed! And when I complained, I was told to stop making a fuss over such a little thing, nobody else had been affected much (because they had all come back from an extended lunch break drunk and smashed - they wouldn't have noticed).

I left that place not long after.

Marg