jessie's Casserole!

susiestar

Roll With It
Jessie made an AWESOME casserole today, mostly using up things we had on hand.

She cooked about 4 cups of white rice, and also baked 2 chicken breasts and cut them up (boneless ones).

We have a bunch of nacho cheese frozen into ice cubes in the freezer so the kids can make nachos anytime they want - it is the kind in the big gallon size can at the grocery store or Sam's. I use the cubes in casseroles, for snacks, to dip pretzels in, etc... Freezing it in ice cube trays then putting it in ziplocs means it doesn't go bad.

Jess used 5 cheese cubes and 1/2 a big brick of velveeta. She melted that all together and mixed in a 1/4 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder and a big dollop of ranch dressing. She also cooked a bag of broccoli (frozen florets- 1 lb).

When everything was cooked through, and the cheese was all melted, she stirred the broccoli and chicken into the rice then added teh cheese sauce. She put it in a casserole and put shredded cheddar on top to heat it through.

I must say that it was AWESOME!!!!!! I gave her the idea of using up the chicken and the cheese cubes - she came up with the other stuff on her own (even the broccoli!)

So here it is in an easier to remember format

1 bag frozen broccoli, cooked in the microwave or in with the rice
4 c rice, cooked
2-4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up
about 1 cup of nacho cheese sauce
1/2 brick of velveeta
dollop of ranch (big one)
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
handful of shredded cheddar

melt cheese sauce and velveeta together, stir in ranch and seasoning. Mix together rice, cooked chicken and broccoli. Stir cheese sauce into rice mixture. Put in casserole and top with handful of cheddar cheese.

Cook at 350 degrees until heated through and cheese on top is melted. If the cheese sauce is hot and the rice and broccoli are hot it only takes about 15 minutes.

YUM!

M

ML

That sounds delicious. Way To Go Jess. Can she come here for a while and cook for me? :)