Jewel caught a bumble bee

flutterby

Fly away!
and promptly spit it back out and started shaking her head. So, she got stung in the mouth.

Anything I should watch for?

I tried to stop her, but she caught it before I could get the words out of my mouth.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Swelling is the big thing and any changes in breathing. Molly does this several times a year. And each time she swells, so I give her ice to chew on until the swelling goes down. So far she's never needed anything else thank goodness. You'd think by now she'd stop, but she actually chases them down. sheesh!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
When our cat got stung on the paw, I was told by the vet I could give benedryl for the swelling... like a 1/4 tablet I want to say, but don't quote me.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Swelling, difficulty breathing/swallowing, etc. Call the vet and ask about Benadryl dosing--it's changed in the past few years with dogs. If you see any systemic symptoms like I mentioned, to the vet!

witzend

Mandy has never learned this lesson. Bubba figured it out pretty early on, and Oscar's too much of a scaredy cat to even try. Mandy does it several times a summer, as well. If there's not an immediate bad reaction, Jewel should be ok.

Bear in mind though, I was thinking that a bee sting was nothing to really worried about until a couple of summers ago when a yellow jacket flew into my flip flop. After that you should have seen what a baby I was! I'm down on the couch, full of benadryl and sporting an ice pack, whining about how awful it is! I hope Jewel will be ok and also figure out to leave the bees alone!