JJJ....I found something for you

DammitJanet

Remember when you were talking about the issues with eeyore and money and savings? Well I was looking online for Piggy banks for DDD and this thing popped up and I thought of you. I may actually get one for Keyana and put it away until she is older and can understand money better but I think this may actually be something that could really help you with what you are trying to get through to your son.

Mattsmom277

Oh my goodness, that is GENIUS!!!!!!!! I am going to get one for easy child for Christmas. I'm so glad I saw this link, I bet JJJ will like it too!

easy child is already good at saving and has a realistic understanding of money, how to save, how much things cost. But she does get frustrated when she takes a long time to reach a goal (say she is saving for a new pair of shoes - she gets good ones from me and her father but she has a shoe "thing" so she also saves for extra pairs of super "cool" shoes). She gets to maybe $75 and that last say $25 it eats her up waiting and feeling she'll never make the goal. Or she won't know which thing she wants that she should save for next. Being able to have 3 banks with a running total and goals preset for them will help her see she IS meeting the goals. I love you can have it remind you to add on allowance day etc. I think it's the coolest thing I've seen that I'd never heard of in ages!

Mattsmom277

LOL I was thinking it might come in handy to set goals and stick to them for things like our honeymoon, airfare across the country for us to visit Matt and perhaps I need to order more than 1!

JJJ

Wow! That is great! Eeyore's birthday is coming up, I bet I can get grandma to get it for him!

Thanks Janet!