Jo...how did it go with mother in law and H

DammitJanet

Wondering how it went with H telling mother in law about not coming to live with you guys. Did it happen? Is H still alive?

T

TeDo

Thanks for bringing this up Janet. I was wondering the same thing. Can we have an update Jo???!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You guys are so funny! We are traveling back home today.

H met with his mom after he,brother in law and I discussed it at length. Supposedly, it went well.

Apparently, now that some time has passed and mother in law is acclimating to her new independent life, H said she doesn't seem to be in such a mad rush to move north. My suggestion was to make the suggestion of her visiting in April to go look at some places and at that time we can revisit and assess what her needs are. brother in law made two appts for her to see some places and she refused. Then when she saw the price sheet, her eyeballs nearly popped out of her head and she said she would never pay that much to live anywhere. Soooo, she still doesn't realize (because she refuses to see them) that assisted living places are not like nursing homes.

H claims he made it clear ths our home, none of our homes, is a good option for her and that she still needs to take time to adjust. I hope he was crystal clear. brother in law said that mother in law had mentioned a gentleman flirting with her at a recent event. That is HUGE!

H keeps asking me what I'm writing, so I'll add more later. Thanks for asking! Ciao for now!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Originally, we were all going to be there to discuss. But given her adamant refusal to look at any of the places near brother in law, we decided that the discussion would be less threatening to mother in law if H was the only one present, more conversational. brother in law said he is certain that after a day or so, she will provide him some feedback and he will pass it along to me so I know what her perceptions are.

On another note, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who finds mother in law intolerable and rude. brother in law AND H both were venting to me on separate occasions about her....comments, behavior, perceptions, rudeness, etc. She calls black people negroes. Wtf is that? And she made comments about the large Jewish community surrounding brother in law's place...and still, she is elephant burping CONSTANTLY! I though brother in law was going to deck her if she told him one more time how dirty his house was (it's not at all) and she went on an on to me about his filthy blinds (not) and dirty floors (not considering there were four of us and a big dog traipsing in and out). She commented on his cooking, everything. She made comments to h about his driving, his hair, his progress on the upstairs, etc. I can only imagine what she says about me! To me, it's my parenting skills in a back handed remark, which is how she always does it with me.

We all kept taking breaks by going for a walk, taking a nap, etc. It was the only way to survive her. Lol!

DDD

I can't tell you how happy I am that you no longer feel alone in this decision making process. Here's hoping that a decent new man (who is hard of hearing, lol) sweeps her off her feet and that he is independently wealthy! That's my early Christmas gift thought. LOL DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Elephant burping?

mother in law burps non stop, really long and loud-like she's having a contest with a beer swilling lumberjack. No lie, I've never in my life heard burping like this...and I've hung out with some rowdy beer swillers in my time! It's absolutely, positively appalling. Even her sons were razzing her about it. It wouldn't be as bad if she at least said excuse me but she simply doesn't acknowledge her burps at all. So loud, you think the floor will crack open and swallow her up!