Job No. 7

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
After more than 3 months of applying for jobs, difficult child has finally landed a job. She will be working for a local cleaning company cleaning houses. She will use her own car and work a set schedule every day, Mon-Fri.

The cleanings are timed, meaning that a particular house should be cleaned within a certain amount of time, so it leaves little time for dilly-dallying. She can wear jeans as long as they are neat and no open toed shoes in the summer - she has sneakers.

Her day begins at 7:30 AM and ends when it ends, typically around 2:30 PM. Her pay is $9/hour while training and $10/hour after she is on her own.

What is especially nice is that in between homes she can have her smoke, get a snack or coffee, whatever and doesn't have a boss breathing down her neck.

I am thinking this may very well be the perfect situation for her. She's a good cleaner too - she cleans my bathroom better than me!

Anyway, I have a nervous sense of relief. Keeping everything crossed and holding a positive thought that this one sticks.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Jane, she was interviewed on Wednesday afternoon and started the job yesterday! She likes it a lot!! She's been on an upswing the past few days anyway and this was the icing on the cake for her I think. I'm happy that she's happy at last.

rejectedmom

Good for her! I hope it continues to be a positive thing for her. Who knows maybe at some point inthe future she can start her own business. -RM

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like this job may be a perfect match for her. :D

Keeping fingers crossed and saying a prayer that she loves it.

Pay doesn't sound bad either.

Hugs

KTMom91

I used to clean houses...I enjoyed it. Also had a night office route. Good pay, and the work's usually not too difficult. I liked cleaning much better than fast food!

witzend

Good for her, Jo! I know what I pay my cleaning lady, and it's not $10 an hour. Maybe after she gets going she can find some clients of her own. There's good money in it.

M

ML

if she likes it some day she could start her own business. I have a friend who has a cleaning business and only has to work 3 days a week!

trinityroyal

Wow, Jo! That's great news. Good for difficult child.
And, I agree with Witz. There is good money in cleaning houses.

Once difficult child gains some experience, she may very well be able to go out on her own. I know of several people who have started this way and now have well-established cleaning business with a team of other people working for them.