Job Opprtunity :)

Copabanana

My son has decided he wants to apply for a facility maintenance position at the hospital he is in.
I can't get him to take out the trash.
You set that joke up real good, PASA, and I am laughing.

That is great news that he thought of it.

I meant to ask you about how he is doing, his spirits and recovery.

I am so pleased that he is thinking about working. And I cannot think of a better place. He would be exposed to so many different types of work and people. He already knows some of them. And they know him. I cannot tell you how pleased I am that this idea occurred to him. I will keep my fingers crossed.

How are the two of you doing together?

I almost thought about taking in the young friend who is incarcerated. That I do not know his name or where he is did not at all set me back. I know I cannot but the thought of a child in his circumstances, feels intolerable.

Have we not advanced at least a little bit as a society from Charles Dickens' time in our treatment of the children of the poor?

I am not getting political. Really.

I have been posting on the True North thread. We have been thinking about who we really are and what we need to live well, to feel our lives have meaning, in ways that serve us and others.

To me taking a stand for justice and mercy for people who have no voice, especially caught up in the justice system, would be something I would be proud of.

After I had worked in law enforcement for about 5 years, I stopped. I felt alienated. I had seen so much that no one else I knew, knew about or cared about.

I felt I could no longer do the work and live in this society. Naive, I know. I left the country all together.

Over time I realized that I could not change one thing except me. And I stopped taking the burden of the hypocrisy on to myself. I worked 4 years more, without much angst. I cared deeply. I was as kind as I could be. But I did not carry it as my own personal burden.

But I would like to give my voice to this issue. I think I will find a way. Thank you for giving me space on your thread to say so.

Last edited:

Lil

Well. That's different! LOL! So I guess he's still in? I'd wondered if he'd been released yet.

pasajes4

He is still there. He had to be seen by a neurologist due to evidence of a concussion. He should be home by Friday. I am able to come and go and not be there 24-7. While all this has been going on, a friend of the family was put on hospice care at the women's pavilion at the same hospital. She lost her battle with ovarian cancer this afternoon. It was a blessing. She was only 38.

SeekingStrength

While all this has been going on, a friend of the family was put on hospice care at the women's pavilion at the same hospital. She lost her battle with ovarian cancer this afternoon.

Pas, I am happy your friend is out of pain. Ovarian cancer is just so bad. My best friend died from ovarian cancer five years ago. She was 55 and certainly fought it as hard as anybody could.

This sounds good with your son! I hope it works out for him. YOU, hang in there.

SS

Scent of Cedar *

My son has decided he wants to apply for a facility maintenance position at the hospital he is in.

Fingers crossed that he gets it, pasa.

He is still there. He had to be seen by a neurologist due to evidence of a concussion. He should be home by Friday. I am able to come and go and not be there 24-7. While all this has been going on, a friend of the family was put on hospice care at the women's pavilion at the same hospital. She lost her battle with ovarian cancer this afternoon. It was a blessing. She was only 38.

I'm sorry, pasa.

Cedar