Job Update

susiestar

Roll With It
husband has been applying to 6-10 jobs per DAY since I started asking him questions. He even forwards me the listing - says it keeps him on track and from exaggerating.

His friends at the employment service (he works sporting events through them and has become a favorite of theirs) emailed a job opening here in town.

It is to run an insurance agency. Not to be a broker, and they SAY it is not sales, but.....

At this point any interview is a good interview.

The service feels it will be a "feather in their cap" if they can place husband because he has solid experience, great references, and is a great employee.

They are right. ;);)

Anyway, I am not at all sure it is the right job, but at least it will be good practice.

He even went and bought thank you notes today WITHOUT any nagging! (About a year after he went to work for his last company he met one of the very top bigwigs. The man really liked husband and he didn't even REMEMBER most of the employees. husband stuck in his mind because husband is the ONLY person out of over 100 hires who sent a thank you note. Some sent emails, but none wrote out a note by hand.

So he is really on the ball with that now. We had some NASTY fights over sending thank you notes for interviews.

I was right!!!
As usual.;):cutie_pie::cool_dog:

Keep fingers crossed that this is a decent job or will lead to a decent job.

Thanks!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Fingers crossed, Susie. It's a dog eat dog world out there right now to get a job. What complicates it more is the online application process where you don't get to have a human contact. I think the thank you notes are a wonderful idea.

I saw a statistic yesterday that in 2007 there was a ratio of 1:1.7 applicants for every job. Today, it's 1:6.5. I think that is a light estimate. I know a simple minimum wage job here has HUNDREDS of applicants. We recently had a Best Buy open. I was the first applicant and she said they had 340 to do that week. Geez.

Abbey

klmno

Fingers crossed! Interviewing is always good- even if the job doesn't come thru, it is good practice, I think. I hope it comes thru though because right now is not a good time to turn down an offer if you are unemployed. I also agree about thanking the interviewer for their time and interest. It shows professionalism and courtesy and I have even had it turn around someeone's opinion of me before. I'm glad he's on the ball now- I really think it is a good time because things are gradually picking up and I'd rather be aggressive about a search now than end up being one of the last still unemployed and potential employers wondering why. Right now, not many employers are questioning a person's unemployment status much- at least in my experience.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Keeping my fingers crossed, adding in a prayer too. I'm glad to hear he has been much more active in applying for jobs. Hugs.

M

ML

Adding crossed fingers and positive thoughts. I look forward to hearing good news soon!

Mattsmom277

In this competitive need driven job market, a thank you note is a great way to be remembered. I'll cross fingers something great comes his way :)