J's doctor visit

susiestar

Roll With It
I finally got J into the doctor today. The one I wanted her to see has been swamped. She took a good look at her and looked at the knee, at the back, even at the rash on her chest (female area).

We are off to Phys Therapy for an evaluation and to get exercises. doctor says the back issues will problem be lifelong. I did not ask about arthritis because the doctor outright said they couldn't tell at this stage, but if it didn't get better they would do lab work. I asked why wait, but doctor said ins co likes them to try other things before these tests.

Arggh.

doctor DID, after I explained about finding jess sitting with tears rolling down her face because her back hurt so bad and her knee hurt and she couldn't make it to the bathroom (almost had accident), give her an rx for tylenol 3 to take when it is REALLY bad.

It is worst at night, but on the pain scale with faces she hasn't gone below a 6 in weeks.

So that was our visit.

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Gee. Ya know, I remember the good ol' days when a doctor decided you needed a certain test or a certain treatment and just did it without one bit of worry as to whether or not some dude sitting behind a desk in an insurance co thought it was necessary.

Makes me so mad.

I'm glad they gave her somethinng for the pain. I hope the PT also brings a bit of relief. They wouldn't have one of those hot wax thingies there would they?? Great for this type of pain.

I wonder if you could buy one of those things for home use?? I'm having a vague memory that you can........but not certain.

(((hugs)))

klmno

Gee- I'm sorry she is still struggling with this pain. I hope the dr can get something resolved. Maybe the tylenol 3 will at least take the edge off.

susiestar

Roll With It
Tylenol 3 just barely takes the edge off. I also think the doctor wants to see if PT will help first.

I have a paraffin wax bath, it is great when my hands are bad. Not sure we could get her knee IN it, but we could put it ON her knee. Thanks for the idea. I bet that would help.

Thanks all!