Juan Pablo...Are we ready for The Bachelor?

DDD

Yep, totally by chance I saw the introduction show last night. Did anyone else? They had a lovely tribute for Gia, clips of Juan and his big family in Miami and showed some of the new women being informed that they were chosen to participate. I enjoyed it!

Of course we all say we are NOT going to watch another season, LOL. I'm going to give it another try. You all?? :) DDD

DDD

Ditto, pasajes4. Not too many bachelors catch my attention (and trigger awesome flashbacks to my prime time days)..sigh! DDD :)

Kathy813

Staff member
I agree that he is hot but there is something that I don't like about him. We shall see.

Did you know that Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici are getting married on television? The date is January 26. I can't believe a bachelor is finally marrying his first pick. I think he is the first one. . . I plan to watch. I love a happy ending.

That was a beautiful tribute to Gia. It is so sad that someone who was so beautiful and seemed to have everything would end her life. According to her mother, she suffered from periods of depression.

~Kathy

DDD

Yikes, Kathy, I can not remember them. Guess I need to look on the website. It is affirming when one of these programs results in a marriage...or engagement.

Locally we just had another suicide. Young man 24, "A" student, athlete and due to graduate in a couple of months. Loving family and a long time girlfriend. I find it scarey and do thank God that my difficult child's don't seem to have that predisposition. Gia was a wonderful girl. Sigh. DDD

PS: I'm not sure what the "something" is about JP but darn he is hot and seemingly a devoted parent. We'll get to know him soon.

Kathy813

Staff member
He was the good ole southern boy (and a hot blonde) who got dumped by Emily and then went on to become the next bachelor. He picked Catherine . . . a gorgeous dark haired beauty from the Northwest who was a vegan and seemed very free spirited. I couldn't see those two cultures coming together but I guess they worked it out.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I thought last season was going to be the last but since it's Juan I decided that I will watch with the known factors in place. There is something different about him (not the show) but I don't think it's a bad thing. I don't get that kind of vibe from him at all.

As always through the preview it looks like so much drama to come.

The tribute to Gia was simply heartbreaking. When I had heard the news (through twitter as it was break and in pieces) I could not believe it. Didn't seem real at all. It is one of those cases where you would have never suspected it but after watching the tribute last night I looked at her eyes through all the pictures and you know what, there WAS a sadness behind them! REALLY! I know that her reasoning happened after the show but there was something deeper in her prior that was very evident in her pictures that I could see in her eyes.

I do look forward to this but never the drama. I hope he finds someone wonderful and worthwhile. Especially for his daughter's sake.

Tiapet

Old Hand
So DDD, what did you come away with thinking last night?

I had a handful of girls I thought might be good for him and usually those girls end up getting weeded out pretty quickly in times past with other bachelors and sent home and they end up picking ones that I think just don't fit. Like they are in it strickly for the looks. It seems, as I thought, that JP is very different. The ones I thought should go actually DID go! Shock. From previews it also seems that some of the ones I think are good stick around pretty long too.

The biggest shock is Sharleen. I did not expect him to do what he did with her, though I'm pleased. Her reaction was different as well. I think not only was she shocked but... The weird think with her is she kept calling him "sir." What's up with that? If you're there to meet a potential mate why would you call him sir? JMHT on the episode, what's all ya'lls?

DDD

It was interesting...not riveting, lol. Probably the first impression rose grabbed my attention over the rest of the show. Was that odd or what??

All in all my impression was that this season "may" be worth watching. by the way, I didn't get a warm and fuzzy vibe from the use of "Sir". Of course :) it "could" have been used to indicate that she would be a subsurvient spouse?? Yikes! DDD

pasajes4

I tend to refer to all males with whom I am not well acquainted with as "sir". It may just be a regional thing. So far, JP seems genuine. Time will tell. It will be a decent spring board for those on the show hoping for media recognition.

Kathy813

Staff member
Did all of you bachelor fans notice the breaking news announcement that Emily Maynard (the bacherlorette from two seasons ago) is engaged? Maybe the 4th time will be the charm.

~Kathy

Nancy

I watched too. I vowed I wouldn't watch again but he is hot so my interest is piqued. I thought it was very interesting when Sean visited Juan and told him some "secrets" like there would be some girls who did really strange things and he should just go along with it....that explained to me why they keep the strange ones.

I don't have a lot of first impressions yet except that opera singer is umm different and dirty feet flower child is one of the strange ones he will probably just keep around for amusement.

Kathy I had not heard that Emily was engaged. I hope it works. I know you didn't like her but I did and always hoped she found a good man for her and her daughter.

Nomad

Staff member
It is a fact that most narcissists are men...actually, good looking men. Often, people think it would be a woman...but NOPE.

Don't hate me, but I don't get this show, or others like them. It seems a little disrespectful to women.

Lets all compete for the good looking guy. Yuck. Ladies, best to look for an honest, caring, financial secure, responsible guy who loves you and yes, you should be attracted to him. If he is good looking, that's a super bonus!

Don't like the potential message here...

Okay, sorry about my speech and yes, I chose not to watch it.

DDD

I absolutely understand Nomad and honestly can't disagree too much.
There are alot of things that bug me about the show and the format and some of the contestants. Every year I say this same thing...I want to know how much these women get paid. Seems like every private piece of information is on the Internet but in all these years not once have I seen $$$'s. Evidently they sign a contract to keep their mouths shut, lol.

That said I assume it's a hefty salary, most of them get to travel abroad, many if not most have life goals that are enhanced by all the media exposure...and then SIGH there are a coupld of women who just really are beautiful and nice and hoping for a life mate. I
think Gia was one of those. There have been others.

Sometimes I grabbed the remote and exit the show because it just is too too for me that night :) but I don't like medical shows, I am very sick of watching cop shows, I watch college sports for our teams and the news is repetitive and discouraging. By default TB usually is watched and I naively hope that my favorite finds love...or a lifelong friend. DDD

Jody

Omygoodness he's HOT. I am definately watching this one, and loving it. Might even watch the reruns on Sunday night. Did I say HOT. Ive got major crush. SEXY!!! one thing has me intrigued why is he keeping the nutty one around. I just can't figure that out.

DDD

OK, Nutso "The Nude One" has to be a "production plant"..right? Yikes!
Even at 73 Juan Pablo IS hot, lol! In my prime I would have been ready for a hmmmmm....temporary whatever. on the other hand I honestly do not think he is seeking a wife. Even thru cyberspace I get the vibe his goal is elsewhere.

on the other hand this is going to be a fun series for us to share! DDD

PS: Sean's wedding looks like fun, too!

pasajes4

The nut cases help the ratings. I'm surprised that I am actually keeping up with this one. The only competition I have watched on a regular bases is DWTS.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I understand JP's appeal but I'm personally not attracted to him. - not my type (as Richard will attest) but he does seem like a good guy who loves his family and dotes on his daughter. Good qualities, of course. I've already cheated and read the spoilers. It will be interesting to see if they are correct.

My favorite part in the first two episodes were the introductions. JP's reaction to some of the girls to the camera person after they walked away were hilarious.

The hippie has to be a plant so there is someone obvious to talk about out of the gate.

Suz