Juan Pablo & his Amigas

DDD

I caught the Bachelor last night and found myself quite moved by "the girls" and the home visits. All four are lovely and seem so sincere. Usually I either don't care for any of the finalists or I have ONE favorite. This season there are alot of winners. on the other hand, my gut senses that none of the girls are going to live happily ever after with JP. Sigh! DDD

Nancy

I'm curious which one is your favorite DDD?

It's on again tonight and it looks like whatever happened int he fantasy suite is a bad omen for them all. The thing I noticed was that during the season there is never a mention that there is a good conclusion, it is specifically ignored. I take that to mean they don't even get to the end. I keep waiting to hear "the most dramatic conclusion of the bachelor" and it never comes. They also never preview him standing on the mountain waiting to pop the question.

I honestly wasn't impressed with very many of the girls. I liked Renee a lot but didn't think there was any way he would select her. I think she's too ordinary for him. I liked Juan Pablo, had nothing against him just didn't see any real seriousness about finding a person to send the rest of his life with, but maybe it was a difference in culture thing.

The other thing I think is strange is that they are not meeting his family. Oh and I'm surprised he gave the rose to Andy after the reception he got from her father.

But I do agree with you that all the women appeared to be genuine and I really didn't dislike any of them.

DDD

You know I never remember the names, lol. Renee seemed so sincere and "real". I can't imagine that the DA couldn't find an educated winner. The hairdresser is darling and so eager but I think JP is looking for a "bigger fish". Hmmm! Actually, to tell the truth I really do NOT think JP is looking for anyone. I think JP is looking at supplemental career opportunities by having this exposure. Have you noticed how he is included in alot of commercials during the show? I don't think previous guys or gals did advertising spots with an M&M. LOL.

Our vibes are similar and I will think of you when I watch. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm hoping that Andi is the new Bachelorette. I wasn't impressed with her audition tape but think she is way more than the tape. She seemed smart, sweet, vulverable, and has a good sense of who she is. And I loved her Dad and how honest/direct he was.

I think JP is a total fake. He has never had a serious conversation with any of the women; he just keeps feeding the same baloney over and over. I'm frankly surprised that they are that interested in him because he is cute but soooooooooooooo superficial. I didn't like Sharleen but I think she figured him out...she had a sexual attraction to him but figured out that he is a dunce.

I can't see that he will last with anyone.

Suz

DDD

I hope the internet is wrong and Andi doesn't "put out". Yikes, that would surely be the kiss of death. on the other hand, lol, I do hope that none of "the girls" end up hooked with him. I am totally convinced he is a superficial loser. Guess, we will find out soon. LOL, DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I repeat. I hope Andi is the next bachelorette. Can you imagine? One of these series where an actual adult conversation takes place- what a wonder that would be!

Suz

DDD

Ay Yie Yie! This has to be a paraphrase but I couldn't get over it when JP said "she was a nice girl but fighting and arguing? No, I will not accept that!"

OMG....that tells the tale. Last night affirmed what we all seem to think. He's superficial eye candy. Bummer! DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
Go, Andi!! I loved her telling JP to his face what a superficial fake he is. This is the first time that I can remember on this show that someone came right out and told off the bachelor or bacherlorette.

I don't know if anyone remembers Constantine from Ashley's season. They filmed a hometown date at a restaurant his family owns in a northern suburb of Atlanta. We went to eat there about a month ago with friends and he was waiting on tables and working in the back getting orders ready. He looked better on television. LOL

Nancy

Last night's show certainly showed a side of him that is not very nice. It looks to me that he walks away from both the hairdresser and nurse as they are both laying on their beds crying.

I didn't like Charlene either and agree that it was all a sexual attraction but I think she would have backed out no matter who it was. She was not about to give up her career, not even sure why she came on the show.

I don't espcially like Andi. I do appreciate her calling him out though. I'm not sure why should would want to lower herself to being on the show again. This has nothing to do with it but I find the corners of her mouth annoying. I think if she were the bachelorette it would be interesting to see how she selected or didn't select the guys. Not sure her dad would approve of her doing doing it though.

I remember Constantine Kathy, thats funny. I guess his 15 minutes of fame didn't help him much. Was the food good?

Last edited:

DDD

I always wonder why so many lovely, accomplished, educated, women sign up. Sometimes I think they are eager to visit exotic places and have eight or ten weeks getting paid to be nice and have fun. A few seem obviously to be hoping for fame. And, lol, then there are the token weirdos who must realize why they are there.

On a more serious note, however, I have become convinced that this generation of "winners" have put their educations and careers first and then...there is no longer access to a bunch of guys like my generation had as potential husbands. My adult daughters know alot of lovely, funny, financially independent women who are now 50ish and having to accept they will not be Moms or likely find a husband. Georgia and Fl sure have alot of great women who are hopeful.

My peers and I all got married in college with-o a thought of ever supporting ourselves and our children, sigh. The next generation seemed to wait until their early 20's and had a degree or occupational potential. This group seems to have made "mature" choices and yet often they are alone. It's a bit sad to me. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I remember Constantine- he was adorable! This site won't let me download a picture of him so here's a link:

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...-tzortzis-why-i-quit-the-bachelorette-2011267

JP really dosn't seem to care about anyone but himself. You can usually tell by the look in someone's eyes if there is a real connection and real caring and I've not seen it in him with anyone. I am looking forward to the Women Tell All so see if any/how many of the women call him out on his flaky behavior.

I will be very glad when this series is over.

Suz

DDD

Yikes, Suz that article answered one of the questions that I have repeated over the years. It says Ashely received $30,000 but some contestants get $100,000. I'm not sure if that is for THE Bachelor or Bachelor only but as you know I've posed the question many times. How do these people afford to take off three months, dress nicely and have jobs waiting?
One clue came today. Thanks. Now, lol, I will head to work.
DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
DDD, from what I have read, the bachelor or bachelorette get paid but not the "contestants" unless they get to the final four. Then, they get clothes and fancy trips but that is about it.

Ashley was paid because she was the bachelorette.

I think most do it because they are hoping that it is a stepping stone to fame and fortune.

pasajes4

It is an adventure. They travel to places that they might otherwise be able to visit. It is a "reality" show that gives them a break from reality.