Judgement day.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Whew...what a day.

Got to court and no Public Defender...again. The DA came walking down the hall and recognized me. He says, "Well, well...look who made it back to town." I kind of chuckled and said I just had to do the right thing. Then talked about how my PD is over an hour late. He got on his cell and she was there in 5 minutes. I don't think you want to mess with that guy. ;)

It's very complicated, but in the end I settled for this:

If I can produce documentation of my inpatient and outpatient stints, counselors, AODA classes, etc., they'll take 30 days off the 4 month sentence.

Good behavior - should be another month off.

The DA says, don't come back to my next hearing (sometime this month) without a job. I told him I thought it was kind of unfair to an employer to get a job and have to leave in 3 weeks. He passed it though on the spot the Huber law which means I can work from 7am to 7pm every day. Wahoo!!!

So, if I get a job, get my docs and am a good girl, I'm looking at about 2 months. What a merry-go-round.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Abbey

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Good news Deb - too bad you don't live in Ca - that two months, because of overcrowding here, would be like two days :) At least he was willing to work with you

Marcie

klmno

Shewww.... I guess it could be a lot worse. i know YOU can survive this but honestly, I don't see how they can and will keep you a big focus given the lack of funding everywhere. And with the economy the way it is- just exactly what is their plan if you can't find a job?

Oh well... I'm glad to hear you are free tonight and can rest easily knowing you did the right thing. Way To Go, girl!!!!

Mattsmom277

Well that is much better than anticipated. I hope you can find some kind of employment before your next date. I'm proud of ya! Keep your chin up, its nearly done and over with.

busywend

Good news, Deb! Sounds like they just want to make sure you are on the right path. If you get a job maybe they will let you do community service or something??!!

TerryJ2

Gosh, you're DA needs to get a job!!!!

Other than that, you did very well.

I have never heard of that law. Sounds like it was made just for you. :)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Where does the DA expect you to work? WI? LV? I guess I'm somewhat lost about that expectation and how unreasonable it sounds to a prospective employer. Maybe someone can explain what I must have misunderstood in your post.

Other than that, it's great news that you have control over reducing the sentence in half. I'll hold a good thought that if you do the things he wants you to do, that he'll drop everything the next time you have to go to court.

Suz

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wow, Deb, I think even I could handle 2 months... That good behavior part, tho....might be a challenge. :tongue: Just kidding.

You're doing the right thing. I'm proud to have you as an invisible friend.

PM me your addy and I'll write to you! You know, send you photos of colored ponies and stuff to help pass the time.

donna723

Well, Deb, it could certainly be a lot worse! But I am mystified as to how he could just ORDER someone to get a job in this economy and with unemployment so high! It's not like employers are are out in the streets begging people to come work for them! But if anyone can do it, you can! Actually, they should be helping you to find a job! If this is sort of a "work release" deal, most systems have a list of employers who are willing to hire these people, usually restaurants, etc. They not only find them the job, they provide transportation to and from. Good luck, hon.