Juicer, anyone?

witzend

Is anyone using a juicer? I'm seriously thinking of getting one of those Jack Lallane juicers for husband and I, and I'm wondering if anyone is using it and if so, what are the pros and cons of it? Are you feeling better, or losing weight? Is it too much of a hassle to actually use?

TIA

susiestar

Roll With It
My husband has been wanting one. I have looked at quite a few. The lalane one seems very high priced, but I haven't actually used it. I could never figure out what husband wanted to juice (you need a different kind if you are doing wheatgrass or whatever).

Good luck!

witzend

I'm thinking more of fruits and veggies. I have been looking on Craigslist for a Lalanne one, so I am hoping I can get a deal. On the other hand, I really don't need another appliance gathering dust on my countertop.

TerryJ2

I'm glad you reminded me. I have to take mine out of the pantry. (You can see how often I use it!)
I hate cleaning it. And it's loud.
But I love the health benefits, and making new things and trying them out on the kids. I love oj and strawberries with-the foam on top.
I'll use my old one until it dies and then switch to Jack Lallane's model someday. My husband met him at a conf and was very impressed ... mostly by Lallane's physique after all these yrs. He was doing 100 1-handed push ups or something.

I'm sorry, no matter how much I use my juicer, I'm not doing one-handed pushups.

:exercisebike:

M

ML

We have one of the heavy duty expensive ones that cost about $200 or so. I would give it to you if you lived closer. It would be quite expensive to mail. Yes, it *is* collecting dust but if you're motivated to do it, they work great.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
um I bought one and tried a few different recipes and all made me very ill, I have a sensitive tummy, so I do not recommend it for anyone else who has one. The cucmber carrot juice literally almost killed me! It was nice having the carrot pulp leftover for muffins though. But mine was given to a friend to have, eat veggies and fruit, it's less calories

witzend

Wow! I've been thinking about the cucumber carrot juice, too. Other than almost killing you, did it taste good? :p

I have heard that they are a pain to clean. I was thinking about maybe using the peels and stuff for compost.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have the Jack Lalane juicer and I love it!! I use it intermittently. It is a pain to clean just because there are nooks and crannies, but you get over it. And I would like the spout to be a bit higher so I could put one of my taller cups under it. Other than that, however, it's awesome to use and works fantastic.

A friend of mine gave me a book and tape on juicing and that's what got me hooked. You can find a lot of juicing recipes on line to meet specific needs as well.

I love making fresh lemonade using the juicer. No water and no sugar. Just pure juice from lemons and an apple. Delish!

Now, did I lose weight? Hmmm, only if I did a juice fast, but you don't need a juicer for that. Did I feel better - YOU BET! I don't know exactly, but when you're juicing a few times a week or every day, it motivates you to make healthier choices on what you eat and drink at other times so overall, there is a positive effect.

Enjoy~