Jumper and J's homecoming pictures

BusynMember

Thank you all very much. You are so kind. She certainly does not think she is beautiful...lol. She tells me to "be quiet" if I tell her she is even pretty.

J's parents are pieces of work. The "mom" (stepmom whom he calls mom and loves as a mom) posts nasty stuff on his Facebook ALL THE TIME then deletes her comments. I guess she wants it there just long enough to break his heart, then doesn't want a chance for all of his friends to see it (although I'm sure some do. Jumper sure does and she reads the comments to me). If you met J....he is like a deer in the headlights, ready to jump at any loud noise. It is like he is just ready to be beaten up, at least verbally.

He reminds me of a puppy who has been mistreated and has no reason to trust anybody. Yet, like a puppy, he is still unfailingly kind and polite and would give anyone the shirt off his back. I have never ever met a kid with so much talent and potential who thought so little of himself. My autistic son is not as hang dog as J. is. My son is socially awkward but actually thinks pretty well about himself. J. hates himself, and it shows.

I am still ruminating over what I can do. Since I don't believe he's an imminent danger to himself, I am going to ask around, as well as ponder all of your suggestions. The hard part is knowing that if his parents find out in any way that I know about his depression they will take it out on J. badly. Since he is almost eighteen, CPS won't be involved if they are very cruel to him. I don't even want to think about that now...just want to think about how much fun homecoming looked and hope he had a great time. We let him use our car for the dance. His parents took his cell phone, internet, and car privledges away from him so we give him back his dignity a bit when he comes here and we already gave him a cell phone and put him on our service. He pays us for using the service...it is only $50 month. At least he is not so isolated when he is at home. I know we shouldn't undermine this parents, but they are so awful to him and he is such a sad kid...hub and I decided to just do it. In two months he'll be eighteen anyway.

Star*

call 911........call 911
MWM,

I know you would never let her do it...but she has a covergirl face and IMVGO should model. At 15 she has a quality about her that is very Tyra, but absolutely more fresh and POW! Just because she's a bit shy - doesn't mean she's not a beautiful girl to the rest of the world who can see the things that she doesn't or perhaps is too young to see. It would be a shame for her to look at pictures of herself now - say 10 years from now and regret that she didn't take more pictures or do something with her natural God given talent. Truly she has a unique face, and should get some head shots, b&w stills and see what the rest of us see.

As for J? I'd give him and his boysih good looks 10 years, a few sit ups and then - LOOK out world! He's a doll! Not too hard to see why she enjoys being in his company.

You're a very lucky, lucky, lucky, Mom and so blessed! Thanks for sharing!

donna723

I feel so sorry for the poor boy that I could just cry! I think he puts up with all the verbal abuse and put-downs because after all this time, he probably thinks he deserves it! It's the same thing as in a marriage where there is verbal and emotional abuse but this is parents doing it to their child. It sounds like he does everything he possibly can to please them but it's never enough! I hope he can just blossom when he gets out from under the parental thumb and goes to college!

DDD

It's almost unheard of for me to disagree with Starbie, lol, but I think Jumper should stay in the normal life she has and is enjoying. The fact is that she enjoys being an active athletic girl with lots of friends and in my humble opinion that gives her a big head start on seeking out her (probably ever changing) life goals. I agree that she is totally lovely but I see that as an important asset but not a career focus. I don't think modeling is "real" and Jumper seems to be completely real and ahead of the game at only 15. DDD

BusynMember

Oh, guys lol. thank you, Star, but Jumper would NEVER do that. She doesn't even normally wear makeup and she lives in her sports clothes...lol. She just isn't the model type. Also, I don't like how they pressure models to be skinny. That often causes anorexia. Very high anorexic rate in the entertainment fields...dancing, acting, modeling...

P

PatriotsGirl

I don't even know this young man, but I cannot wait until he turns 18 and can get the heck out of his parents' house!!! :(

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
What a beautiful couple, so cute! She is beautiful and would make a lovely model, but I know what you mean about it not being her thing. Thanks for sharing!

BusynMember

I don't even know this young man, but I cannot wait until he turns 18 and can get the heck out of his parents' house!!! :(
He is being thrown out when he graduates. To be honest, as mean as they are to him, he loves them both with all his heart. It kills him when they are so mean to him. It is not going to be a happy time for him when they throw him out. His mother left him and he is always afraid everyone is going to leave him or get rid of him.

But maybe he will see that not everyone thinks he is useless once he has to move away. I hope so. He is a very nice boy who does not deserve to be treated the way he is. Hey, his sister was thrown out of the house for several years and just now was "allowed" to move back in. Now she is kissing up to the parents she left (she lived with birthmother). It's like these parents make their kids feel very guilty...as if THEY are the bad ones and they (the parents) are Saints. It's really kind of scary. The stepmother, in particular, plays a lot of mind games. She loves adoration and you adore her and obey her or she will withdraw her love and be...evil. Father isn't much better. He's a bully who never says an encouraging word to his amazing son. Still...bottom line is...he loves them desperately and, with his depression problems, it won't be good when he has to leave the house.
by the way, Sister is siding with her parents who threw her out and telling J. he should listen to them. He is not on good terms with her either. Seems like she is just being another bully now that she is there. Fortunately, most of the time she is away at college. Why did she have to leave the house? Guess!!! Her "parents" did not like her boyfriend. She has recently broken up with him...that is why she was able to move back in. Sound familiar?

DDD

I'm happy to read of his sister. Somehow I assumed he was an only child! I think following in a path that has been experienced in the family before should make it easier for him to "see" that the situation is not normal and that he can make it on his own. Can't even explain what a relief that post was for me. Being a trail blazer is very stressful, but following a trail (even one that ended with capitulation) is much easier. DDD

BusynMember

Well...they don't really interact. He does not seem to feel comforted by having a sister and never talks about her. They didn't speak all the years she was gone. She is not supporting him, although she has been through the same garbage...just like J, she seems to desperately want to please these two bullies who were not nice to her. The entire time she was gone, THEY wouldn't speak to her either. They would have nothing to do with her until she broke up with this boy that they didn't like. Why didn't they like him? He was older than her. Now five year older than her, three years older. Funny, they tell J. that Jumper is too young for him and use that as one of their reasons why they don't want him to see her.

Ack, I don't want to start ranting about THIS again. It is what it is. He is a very lonely boy who feels very out of place in his family, which is obviously filled with conditional love and withheld love. He clings very close to Jumper and she doesn't mind...