Just a little warning about whackos...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I don't know if they found me here or one of the other places I post or it could be from an article... But I know that my, MY Space page is listed here... I thought I had it blocked so you had to request to be my "friend" ha ha...

Anyhoo... some girl, 21yo who is pregnant, felt the need to find me on my My-space page and let me know how sad she is that we are going through all of this and the horrible things poor K is going through... It started off nice. I was thinking wow, this girl found me know she read something about us and is offering support! How sweet.

Then the letter gets into, how if I would stop living the lie and believing the Doctors and filling my child with drugs she would be OK, I just needed to beleive in HIM...

It went downhill from there... I was fuming... husband convinced me to just delete it and block her. Which was smart. Why engage her.

I just honestly don't get why someone would feel so much anger, contempt, passion for something they know nothing about??? This is her first child. I honestly hope it is healthy.

I would never seek someone out and trash them and say hurtful things to them, because of something I believed in that had nothing to do with the subject at hand...in this case Science and the brain. I don't get it, I don't try to push my beliefs on others, why would this girl?

Anyway I just wanted to warn other that there might be some on here trying to push us away from what we know our children need or other children need... that has nothing to do with HIM... they are seperate things I beleive. Nothing wrong with praying for your child... or each other. But don't condemn me for what I HAVE to do to help my child.

I hope no one else here gets a stupid letter like this...
And like I said it may not have even come from here... she may have found me elsewhere???

busywend

Ugh!

Just delete and ignore. Just think of the time she has on her hands to be writing something like that!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Totoro...

I never ever will get used to people who hide behind so-called religious beliefs to put others down. I promise I've read the Bible and God didn't ever put anyone down to raise them up.

-Ahem/Amen

donna723

I think George Carlin said it well when he was talking about the Ten Commandments ... he said the last one should be, "Keep thy religion to thyself!"

:thumb:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ignore and delete.

Now if I could just do that with my Mom the world would be a much more peaceful place. :rofl:

I'm kidding. Really. I am. I think. :bag:

Marguerite

I copped this last Speech Day at the local school. Speech day is like the end of year graduation ceremony. As an 'honoured guest' I was invited to lunch afterwards with other 'honoured guests', most of them volunteers or local politicians. Plus the school staff and the usual gatecrashers. I found a spot with some good friends and THEIR friends to take my little paper plate. We were having a lovely chat when one of the women began to sound off about people who medicate their children. Not wanting to get caught up in a tirade I said something like, "It is important to make sure the child is properly assessed and the family fully informed." However, she seemed to take this as agreement with her extremism and turned to me and said, "Isn't it awful how so many parents just drug their kids into oblivion, turn them into compliant zombies and steal their childhood?"
OK, an emotive statement if ever there was one. Again, I didn't want to pick a fight but I DID want her to back down or at least drop the subject, so I said, "Well, I AM one of those dreadful parents. I agree that it is sometimes too readily dispensed, but in t he case of our family, it is very much needed."

She didn't back off, but neither did she get hostile. We had a friendly discussion, but she WAS using every emotional blackmail argument in the book as well as making some really STUPID statements (and she is otherwise an intelligent person - or so I had thought until this). She also told me that caffeine works well for her. I pointed out that CAFFEINE is also a drug, and compared to dex it is a blunt instrument. It also is disastrous for my boys.

I remembered afterwards that she makes a bit of pocket money selling alternative remedies to vulnerable parents at the school and in the neighbourhood - her persuasive powers will bludgeon many parents into not medicating the kids who desperately need it, and buy her goji berry stuff instead (or whatever other fad she is selling at exorbitant prices this week). In Australia, this sort of marketing is considered highly unethical and borderline-illegal. it is ridiculously expensive and people like her become major zealots in order to justify the high price in their own heads.

Delete the message from your mind, but keep a copy stashed somewhere for a while, just in case. If she IS targetting you, the more evidence you can present to your moderator, the better. I've had a couple of stalkers and was VERY glad I kept copies of stuff. I had to use those copies to get action taken. If I'd deleted it completely, I'd have had no ammunition.

If you want some fun, see if part of the message reads like something she's lifted from somewhere else. Find a representative passage and copy/paste it into Google between double quote marks. It's a good way to find other places where the same text has been used. I use this to track hoaxes & scams as well. When you realise that someone like this has probably sent the same letter to a hundred other people you won't feel so personally slighted.

Chances are she's tracked you somehow (we have to be really careful to cover our tracks) and probably tracked others, targeting those who have other 'leads' to them. She can only contact you here, by registering. But anyone can lurk here and copy information.

This is yet another reminder to us to protect our personal details from this sort of abuse.

Marg