Just a quick whine.........

DDD

This week easy child/difficult child has been drunk four out of seven nights. He has no memory...well limited memory...of the nights. He is at a party tonight. I anticipate another drunk call. He no longer can drive our vehicles but he calls for pickup. Often he doesn't even remember calling me. This Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) +
alcoholism is an itch to live with! DDD

Lori4ever

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'm glad he isn't driving. but this has to be horrible for you to deal with, even moreso with his Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). My middle son has a drinking issue, it just cost him his licence. I'm so glad it wasn't him or an innocent's life. I wish we could get through to them.

lovemysons

Oh Good Grief, DDD...
That has got to be such a worry. All the things that can go wrong when their drinking and to not have any memory...really scary.

I sure wish this "roller coaster" ride would slow down and change course.
It never seems to end does it.

Our sons seem to think that drinking is the safe alternative to drug use...but alcohol sure carries it's own evils.
So sorry it drags on for you.

Love to you and yours,
Your friend,
Tammy

maril

DDD: How difficult and scary. It is good he does not drive. I hope this week goes better and that, at some point, he might decide to seek support through AA or otherwise. Hugs to you. Take care.

DDD

Thanks. I'm not sure exactly why...but it does help to know that others care. Last night turned out to be a mild night. He called for a pickup at
eleven (usually it is after two) and was able to walk to the car and talk like a person who was just happily tipsy. He's 200# and far too often he falls down etc. etc.

I bribed him with a BK drive thru pickup so he could eat and watch tv in his room when we got home. He talked on the phone until 2 or so but otherwise it was an "easy" night. Phew/Whew. Ya' never know. DDD

lovemysons

Of course it helps to know that others care...and we do!

Doesn't sound like you get much rest these days looking after easy child/difficult child til wee hours.
Hope tonight is uneventful and you get some sleep.

Hugs and love,
Tammy

Lori4ever

It always helps to know we're not alone in our dealings with our difficult child's. I am glad he called earlier than the norm, but this has got to be exhuasting for you. I hope you find a way to get some much needed rest.

DDD

Thanks for the support. The lack of sleep is really a big factor for me since I am a working "senior citizen". I've gained weight from the stress and some mornings I really can't get myself up and off to work when I should. (As you all know I own the business and we operate as a Mom and Pop BUT husband will be 77 soon and as the youngster under 70, I have to pull my own weight.)

Almost always, lol, if easy child/difficult child has me up one night he sleeps all the next day and night so I get "rewarded" with one full peaceful night's sleep to catch up. It's not a healthy schedule to say the least. DDD

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
just watnted to say I am so sorry for your situation and the toll it is taking on you. sometimes I get very depressed when I think of what may lie ahead of me with my now 16 yr old who likes to self-medicate with weed: are my nights going to be like yours?

I have found that no matter when I post here, someone always arrives with some soft words of comfort. That's why it helps to keep coming back.

To have to deal with a teen/young adult's behavior like this when you should be playing golf and watching cooking shows on tv just breaks my heart. I hope that you will catch a break and get enough rest to sustain you while your grandson struggles with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and substance abuse.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Ephchap

Oh DDD, I so wish things would get better for you down that way. I can't imagine the hours you keep trying to stay up for easy child/difficult child and trying to run the store.

I might have to come down there soon and drag you away ... even if it's just for an afternoon.

Sending mega hugs, my friend. Wish things were better.
Deb