Just a reminder for all of us...September Slumps..

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just wanted to FYI the newbies and remind us who have G'sfg who or those of us who suffer from depression, mental illness, any type of seasonal disorder... especially girls. :frown: That Fall is the time to check our medications as well as our kids... to have them adjusted, to watch our kids for signs of increased depression or worsening of moods...
Lets all try to be understanding with ourselves and our kids... and our SO's...my husband has SAD pretty bad!!!
We bought a light box last year for him and K... I think it is pretty good.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/980315ap/saeed.html

The Bipolar Child has a great section on March Madness and September Slumps... I could not pull it up... ???

Good luck to us all!!! :crazy: :spaghetti: :sleeping: :treadmill: :pet: :autumn: :its_all_good:

Stella Johnson

Oddly enough this is the first year difficult child hasn't had the slumps continually. Usually September is horrible in our house.
Right now the only sadness is caused by school problems and not really her being depressed for no reason.

Steph

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We actually see it around October with the light change and the weather shift... husband is starting to get hit... we are seeing shorter days here and less sunshine... :frown:

bby31288

Thanks for the reminder!! I have been watching, she seems ok, maybe a little "off". We work on it every day. I have recently been switched back to Prozac and it works best for me. I have this awesome alarm clock that simulates the dawn rising starting 90 minutes before the alarm is scheduled to go off. It slowly brightens the room to full day light. I am getting one for each of the girls room this year, see if it will help them to get up!

Steely

Thanks totoro........

It is odd.......but for my difficult child it is the opposite. I look forward to September because he is calm and happier in the winter. And by March I am getting PTSD just thinking about the summer. I guess it is because he is more hypo-manic..........so the winter calms him rather than depresses.........and spring and summer just sends him off the chart. I use black out blinds in his room in the summer, which helps him a little.

Thanks for the reminders.