Just checking in

wantpeace

Just checking in to say "hi" and let you know I continue to read your posts and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. As you know, my difficult child is on home detention while out on bond for bail jumping following possession on THC charges. He completed treatment and started taking Sertraline a couple weeks ago for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and social anxiety. I don't want to jinx this, but he's doing great! He's back to the easy child I know and love - helpful, kind, polite... I'm sure he's bored out of his mind, but he doesn't complain at all. It's so amazing to see what happens when you remove the drugs and "friends" from our difficult children. It also makes it that much harder on us when they relapse. I hate drugs and the effect they've had on all of our lives!!

Hugs to all,
wantpeace

Tiredof33

Great news! I agree it is very painful when they are doing well and backslide, but most all do a few times. Hopefully he will stay on this path.

buddy

I sure hope the intrinsic feeling he gets from this is a much better high than he has ever had, and that motivates him to continue on a positive path. This is nice news! Very happy for you.

Calamity Jane

Congratulations! I'm sure it was very hard for both of you for a while. Let's hope you enjoy your now easy child, former difficult child and most of all, let's hope he continues on the easy child road for his sake as well as yours. Continued happiness and peace to you both.