Just curious, is anyone else on the girlfriend/CF diet?

Josie

I'm wondering if anyone else is on the gluten free/casein free diet or even just girlfriend and if so, what results have you seen from it?

We have not used the gluten-free, casein-free diet but taking my younger son off all dairy helped him a great deal. That has been his main food sensitivity.

tiredmommy

This is pretty close to the diet Duckie is on.

It's not girlfriend/CF, but rather rotates botanical and animal food families to limit her allergic load.

Josie

Dairy seems to be a bigger trigger for my daughter, too.

Tiredmommy, Duckie's diet seems even more restrictive than ours. No wonder you are so organized! Will she always have to do that diet?

tiredmommy

No. At least hopefully not! I've already noticed that I can "get away" with using eggs and butter in my baking with no difference in Duckie's health and behavior. The theory is that eventually, by challenging and then resting her immune system between exposures, she will eventually grow out of her food allergies. The only major problem we have is Duckie feeling left out because she's the only one who can't eat XXX when all the other kids have it. So we tend to bring food wherever we go. And lots of it. So Duckie has an opportunity to share with all her friends.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/war_mom.gif

Josie

Nomad,

I've been on the strict celiac diet since the end of April even though I don't have celiac disesase. I didn't even have stomach problems but discovered my gluten intolerance because of easy child. For me the biggest benefits have been more focus, more energy, less anxiety, and less irritability. I don't even need to take Lexapro any more. I've also lost about 8 lbs. because all of my favorite foods are "forbidden". But I don't even miss them. :grin: