Just feeling yucky

mavh2005

easy child is sick again... Poor thing catches a cold and it went straight to bronchitis. She's on 2 breathing medications and an antibiotic. The pediatrician is thinking she might have asthma too, so she's started her on medications for that as well. Now the whole family is on medicine of some sort. UGH...

And now, my blood pressure is high, so the doctor put me on medications for that. I'm so unhappy about that. And on top of that, I've gained 45 pounds in less than a year. I knew I gained weight, but OMG.. I'm just lost now. I know what I have to do, but its just depressing me even more.

Plus the custody case for difficult child is turning out to be a HUGE battle. BM is trying to accuse me of abuse and being the problem.. So not true. Poor difficult child is handling this remarkably well. I think she's praying for a miracle that isn't going to happen. Our county is notorious for letting the mothers get away with everything. The children really have to suffer almost death before the courts will do anything. Lovely.

I'm just ready for a good long weekend where there will be no stress and I can enjoy it.... When will that be???????

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I am sorry things have piled up so high on your shoulders. :(

At times like that, I try to just stay in the moment and focus on what I can do right now. I put tomorrow's worries on a shelf and agree to deal with them later. And I carve out a little bit of time just for me during each day, otherwise I will explode. Sometimes that's just sitting quietly outside to take in the sights and sounds around me for a few minutes. Or reading a few pages from a new book or the paper. Taking a short nap. Savoring a hot cup of coffee or tea. Know what I mean?? It doesn't have to be anything extravagant. Just something to give yourself permission to pause and breathe deeply for a few moments.

The household duties will wait. The sick kid will wait (we're not talking hours here... just a little while). The court issues will wait. And you will feel just a little bit better if you can do that for yourself.

Hang in there!

(((Hugs)))