Just for a change, lol, a pleasant post.

DDD

easy child and her husband came for the weekend. The weather was ultra dreary (had to delay our big event etc) but it was really great to spend a couple of days with my #1 easy child. She is a lovely caring person and her husband turned into one about fifteen years ago or so. October is the birthday month in our family so she, my husband and I shared a terrific dinner out to celebrate. I still can't believe that my firstborn is 51! DDD

donna723

That sounds like a wonderful weekend! I'm so glad you could all get together and that your enjoyed yourself!

October is our birthday month too! My daughter turned 36 yesterday ... she's not quite as thrilled about birthdays as she used to be. Then my son and my son-in-law both have birthdays on the 20th! I was so glad when the baby came in May - did NOT need another October birthday!

DDD

I had three siblings and each of our four families had their first born on 10/8 or 10/9. We've always contributed the births to New Years Eve celebrations. My Mom and I had birthdays on the 28th/29th.
husband and difficult child#2 are also October birthay boys. It is the busiest month for cards & gifts! Glad you were spared an additional one, Donna. DDD

donna723

My brother's daughter was born on October 8, the day before my own daughter's 2nd birthday. And when my niece grew up and had her own kids, her daughter was born on her birthday - October 8th.

I always referred to them as "New Years babies" too!