Just for the record

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Kjs

I hope with all my heart that you will stay. Or just take a needed breather from the board and then return. You are a much loved valuable member here and we will miss you terribly.

I don't know the post that triggered this as I haven't been around much lately except to drop in and attempt to read posts to keep up with what's going on.

You are a bonafide warrior Mom. And warrior Mom's aren't perfect. Docs aren't perfect, treatments aren't perfect, and God knows difficult children are all individuals. If all treatment/medications worked the way they were supposed to on every difficult child, we wouldn't need the board. You know how hard you've worked, and those of us who know you know it as well.

We've all had replies that hurt or didn't sit well with us for what we were going thru at some time or another. I've learned to ignore the ones I don't find helpful/supportive.....accept the person meant well....and move on to replies I do feel help/support me. I think for the most part our members always have good intentions, but it is difficult to sometimes picture what is going on from just the written word....or even someone's intention from the written word with no facial expression, tone of voice to go along with it.

I'm so sorry you're not feeling supported right now. I do hope you read the responses and come back to us when you're ready.

(((hugs)))

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hugs, Kathy. I hope this is a break that helps you and that you will pop in from time to time and give us an update.

I have also at times felt like I needed a break, not only from CD, but from on line 'stuff' altogether - just to regroup and focus on what my daily intentions are.

I believe that everyone here speaks from their heart with the purest of intentions and without any intent to harm or cause hurt. I think that so many of us have been battered by our difficult child and familial situations and we worry about one another's personal health. I'm sorry if anyone's words (or mine) have hurt you in any way - I think any one of us can say something, mean it one way and have it taken another. Hope to 'see' you back soon.

judi

I have been here a long time and as a nurse practitioner, I shudder when I see folks giving medical advice here. I have reported it to the moderators but as they say (and of course, its true): if you take advice from who knows who on a computer, you get what you pay for.

That said, it is no one's interest to accept anything but general advice from ANY bulletin board. We could be anybody and anything.

The only medical advice you should be considering seriously is that of your medical provider who knows the nuances of your child and your family's resources.

I absolutely shudder when my patients bring in reams of paper of stuff they found on the internet.

You need to sit back and consider the source. When most folks come here they are in crisis (I know I was back in 2001). What these boards are good for are a sounding board to bounce ideas off of, share experiences, hope and some positives.

(Judi steps off her soapbox and breathes a sign of relief)!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Kjs,

You know I'm just not sure what to say when any one of us [part of the family] wants to leave. Part of me thinks (exhale) Okay, okay something has really upset her and there is a good reason, just let her go until she gets it out of her system, don't ask -shhhhellll be back. Then there's the other part of me that sit's and thinks (twisting lips and squinting eyes) She's really hurting, why?

I believe that (chuckling) for a board full of mostly women we do a really phenominal job of getting along. (looks around) Seriously. Okay adding to that, for a board full of mostly seriously stressed out, raising kids that no one else would on a bet, living with spouses who are most days about one step away from walking out the door because THEY are ALSO seriously stressed out from raising a difficult child too, having to work in jobs during a depression if we (women) are lucky enough to have a job - and some of us don't LIKE our jobs, or our bosses, or our freaky co-workers, and then add in a commute, and/or pms, pmdd, menopause, gray hair, muffin tops, bras in general, the price of sanitary stuff - dont' you think this junk should be subsidised by the US govt? and the govt? Yeah theres a whole other paragraph I'm not allowed to talk about, and just for giddy kicks lets toss is teachers that have absooooolutely no grasp of our children, teachers aids, resources officers most of whom have axes to grind and see our kids as a honing wheel, and then tdocs, psychiatrists, pharmaceutical companies, medicines, take this, 1/2 that, don't take this...see that he gets that....can you type this? Bring me that file....redo this....pick up the cat from the vets, did you put air in the right rear tire, can you pick up my dry cleaning, did you call your Mother, pay the mortgage, fix the leaky toilet, unclog the toilet, put gas in the car???
And THIS is just for most of us before noon.

So yeah.....I can see where some advice, some days....can get a little...Nike. Or JUST DO IT. BUT......NEVER....(with few exceptions) and you ABSOLUTELY NOT being one of them....have I seen it directed at you without respect, love, truth, caring, concern, and want for the best for not only your son (our nephew) but your family, who is very much a part of our family.

WHICH ....means...occasionally....we're going to snap, bicker....snarl....spank....be flat out direct...because in certain cases? Its what we feel is needed. Feel....not to be mean..but feel because we love. Two totally different emotions, from two totally different places.
Love comes from the heart....Meanness? Well I'm not sure what place in the body that comes from...(I could guess, but then I'd be in the corner, again) :tongue: but very rarely does the advice here from people who've known you a long time come from anywhere else but the heart.

If you felt otherwise? You're very entitled to feel how you did. If you cried? (passes tissue) For that I'm sorry, I'm sure no one would ever do that on purpose. We all have enough tears in our life, but sometimes I know it takes someone being direct when I'm stressed out to help me see things I'd otherwise miss....and for that I'm thankful.

So....if you go....I hope you will come back rested. If you don't I hope you will consider what I've said and not stop continuing to post. It's amazing - we all have PM's thats Private Message not PMS - put GOOD GAWD...I have PMS like (GGGGGGGDDDDDDDRRRRRRRAAAAWWWW) and still....I get very little love. :(:surprise::tongue: Everyone here has a PM....so if you need a little extra love? Try it. that's Star* click my name....just say Hi....I swear I'll say hi back. :redface:

You do what is best for you K....We're here. (well I'm mostly here but that's debatable depending on the day and whom you ask)
Hugs & love
Star