just fun...and funny!!

change

Who likes that ridiculous show on TLC "Toddlers & Tiaras"? We were watching it this summer and couldn't believe the $1000's of dollars people were spending on pageants for little kids. These weren't wealthy people either in most cases. Now they have "King of the Crown". It was on tonight! Too funny.... It was very good stress relief after a day at work with an uptight boss and any bad news a/b my kid at her school! :tongue:

One of my BFF gay friends and his partner had me laughing when they told me they were hooked on it too the other day and then a/b 3/4 of the people at the party started admitting they watched too! hahahaha!!!!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
easy child watches this and has tried to get me to watch it with her-maybe I"ll have to give it a chance!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Um..........(looks around as if to pass on a secret) there are a few um....(whispers) pagent Moms on the board...and pagent Grandmas..:tongue: Not to point figures.....but it's kind of a ....um..really really big in the South. Just FYI. And it is big money here in Columbia....and when I say BIG Money I mean if you need Aqua Net on a pagent weekend - you had better get it a week early or you're just out of luck.

-

change

That's cool. Whatever makes a person happy!! I'm sure they might balk at the things I've spent money on to put a smile on my face. :) I live in Texas. I know for a fact there are pageants around here too. I don't know anyone who does them but I think the first episode was here in Texas. ;)

donna723

I'm sure that the majority of 'pageant parents' aren't like the one they put on the show. For the entertainment value, they probably look for the most extreme cases.

lmf64

I know a few pageant parents here in the north. These people (all but one) don't have two nickels to rub together, yet spend big bucks to get their kid famous and rich. One of the families have been evicted from six places in the last year, because she has to buy pagaent **** instead of paying the rent. And to be totally honest I don't think her child is even cute, but to each his own.

DammitJanet

LOL....I am the pageant grandma referred to in the above post. I am the proud owner of the Little Wee Miss Dublin County Peanut Ambassador. Try saying that three times fast when you are only three years old! But hey we are royalty and we have the royal wave down pat!!!

If nothing else she can be the Walmart greeter!

My baby girl doesnt do the Toddler and Tiara glitz pageants. She does what are known as natural pageants. No fake teeth or exotic make up or wigs. Yes she has her hair curled and tamed down for her because she has EXTREMELY curly hair. Yes she wears a very tiny bit of flavored lip gloss so her lips shine but no eye shadow or blush or that stuff. She doesnt need it at 3.

Her dresses are no where near 1000 dollars! Maybe 100. We just spent what we consider a huge amount on a pair of white shoes because we all forgot she needed white shoes and "you cant buy white after labor day!" so we had to buy some at a pageant store. OMG...40 bucks for a pair of shoes. From now on I am buying white and black patent leather shoes in sizes two sizes ahead at walmart and keeping them in my closet...lol.

As long as my granddtr loves doing this, I think its great. She is quite the entertainer. She loves getting up in front of a crowd and performing so its her thing. If she didnt want to do it, no one could make her.

change

I know what you mean Janet! Same thing coule be said about we Texans and Football, Cheerleading, Dance, Baseball, etc.!!! Seriously. ;) I only have a daughter but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE football and both my husband and I are Longhorn Alumni so you can imagine if we had a son! HAHA!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG Janet you weren't supposta come out and ADMIT it....:tongue:

-Change - no offense meant - I'm just a funny girl.....livin' in a funny world - the more ya get to know me the more you will get my humor. :laugh:

For what it's worth....I was a pagent baby - know why?

CAUSE I'M THE PRETTY ONE....THAT's WHY. :queen:

um....no, no not really a pagent baby. hahahaha.

Mattsmom277

My easy child Jessica, now 10 has watched with me. She says pageants discriminate against tom boys like her HAHAHAHAHA. Only my Jessica ;)