Just got an email - JR HIGH evacuated due to BOMB THREAT!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Scary.

But I'm sort of weird. I don't get overly alarmed over bomb threats at schools. I guess we had them too frequently back when I was in jr high and high school. Usually, it's just some kids hoping to get out of class. However once, out of 50 + times, there was one "bomb". Wouldn't have done much except to the classroom they found it in. One cop called it a glorified firecracker.

I'm glad Jess was home today and you didn't have to worry about her.

Hugs

everywoman

Oh Susie, I am so sorry. They will catch whoever did this. With the technology available today they can track any phone or cell phone to the owner. Back when people could access pay phones it was a little more difficult. In my experience it is usually a student at the school. And middle schoolers aren't very good at hiding their tracks.

PS---How is Jess's knee? Just got a letter from Jana today and she says hers is 5X its normal size and they had her out on her hands and knees pulling weeds while all the graduating soldiers went for a concert and pizza.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry about Jana having to pull weeds on her hands and knees. If they are sending her home, can't she refuse this garbage detail on grounds it will damage her knee further? Or do they just not care? How is her spider bite?

Jess is moving with-o crutches mostly. It really hurt her to get stuck with the virus right now. The knee hurts, but the virus has taken her mind off of it. Sick humor, I know.

I do think it is a student who wants to get out of a test. But they had the kids standing outside and just EMAILED the parents to come get them. How many parents monitor their personal email constantly to check this kind of hting? Kids were not allowed back into the building for books, even after the bldg was cleared. So LOTS of the kids didn't even have their cell phones to call their parents for rides home. Just had to wait outside for over 3 hours for the busses, or for parents to see the emails. Such a lack of common sense - if the bldg is cleared, go back in and have CLASSES. Or is that odd thinking?

TerryJ2

Good timing, Jess!
People who make bomb threats, for the most part, do not mean it and have no clue how scared and invonvenienced people are by them. The perps should have to do community svc when they get caught, just to sensitize them. It makes me so mad. (Of course, I'm assuming this wasn't real.) Either way, I can imagine your panic and relief.

KTMom91

Miss KT said one of the high schools (not hers, but she has friends there) had a bomb threat today, and her friend's mom was beyond angry because they didn't tell the parents.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad Jess was at home! For awhile around here it seems like many of the high schools were getting them. It does seem very weird that if the building was cleared they weren't allowed back to classes.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie

Our parents were never notified.

And we'd get so sick of it because we'd stand outside in all sorts of weather for hours. We were never allowed to grab anything, so if it was raining, cold, or snowing you were miserable. But we were always allowed back in after the all clear.

dreamer

This is so scary! I hate this. The bomb threats at schools. We had 2 in May at PCs school, but...they did NOT evacuate and one of the times they really did find a bomb. Our middle school had 1 threat in May and 2 so far since school began here this fall, a block away from me, and did not evacuate, and did not let media know until over a week later. They also had a call of a man with a gun outside one of our elem schools maybe a mile from me, police did not notify school....nor the media.and then the same man with the gun was accused of taking a lady from our laundrymat at gunpoint and rapeing her, by the school, grrr. It is cauaseing some real issues here, how our school and police are not communicating, not being proactive re safety.....
It scares me to peices.

My kids - my older 2- told me they had so many threats and lockdowns etc in elem, middle school and HS they no longer paid any attention to them at all. They have become so desenstitized it is scary in and of itself. :-(

Jena

hi

wow, you have got to be kidding. What a week. did they find out any info regarding the source of the threat? really good jess was home sick.

Jess was still sick today, and I am very glad. her school was EVACUATED due to a bomb threat!!! THis is awful!!

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
oh gosh just one more thing! Poor thing hope she's feeling better! 2 years ago difficult child I's HS had multiple bomb threats, after a ton of police hours and $$$ and they found out it was a student prankster!

DammitJanet

When I was in school...ok I admit it was in the dark ages when dinosaurs roamed the earth, you could count on bomb threats any time we had exams. It never failed. Some kid...or group of kids...would skip school because they werent prepared...and call in the bomb threat from some pay phone and then come watch the bedlam.

I have no idea if our parents were ever notified. We filed out...they investigated...that exam was rescheduled...ho hum.

TerryJ2

easy child and difficult child had a lock-down last wk. easy child came home and announced that there were flaws in the system and proceeded to explain them to us. Leave it to HS kids to figure out ways around things. Hmm. I told her that at least they have created a system, which is more than some schools have. I'm thinking of having a pow-wow with-some friends and coming up with-better ideas b4 I approach the admin.