Just gotta share this!

donna723

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/...tion=view&current=donna20morris20portrait.jpg

Shhhh! It's a surprise Christmas gift for my daughter and son-in-law!

I took my favorite picture of my seven month old grandson, Ethan, and emailed it to an artist I know (know her online) and she did this gorgeous portrait of him from the picture! She's shipping it tomorrow. It's an 8x10 drawing in colored pencil, in an 11x14 mat, then I will frame it in a 16x20 frame with another mat with an 11x14 opening. She's a completely self-taught artist and one super talented lady!

Think they'll like it? My daughter will cry when she sees it - guaranteed!

Last edited:

Mattsmom277

Now that is STUNNING !!! I hope you have time to post to us how she reacted after you gift it to her. What a lovely keepsake. The artist is terrific!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The artist did a stunning job! I wish I could get colored pencil to cooperate with me like that. lol His parents will LOVE it! What a thoughtful gift. :D

Fran

Former desparate mom
Great idea Donna. She will love it.
I lost both 1yr old 16 x 11 portraits of my boys in Hurricane Andrew. My sister's boyfriend at the time, scanned some smaller photo's and gave them to me about 4 yrs later. I burst into tears Christmas morning. It was such a thoughtful and touching gesture that I still think fondly of that gift. The boyfriend is long gone but the memory is forever.

I'm sure Ethan's parents will be touched.

klmno

What a treasure!! It's a great portrait and you couldn't have gotten anything better for your daughter- I'm sure she will love it!