Just had 2 of the grandkids here for a week

muttmeister

The 9 y.o. and the 8 y.o. came and spent a week with me. We had a great time but now I'm ready to sleep in for a few days before my new job starts officially on the 19th and probably I'll work a couple of days next week too. We ate out a lot; went to 3 free music concerts including one where they did free face painting; did school shopping; rode the escalators in the mall (they are from small town so that is a treat for them); visited the art museum; went to church; saw Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D; spent one day at the zoo. I took them home yesterday; today I have to clean house, do laundry, and nap. Had a good time though. Grandkids really are your reward for not killing your own kids. LOL

HMBgal

My grandkids are everything to my husband and myself. I'm so grateful that three of the four live close, and the fourth is 400 miles away. Too far, but we manage.

DammitJanet

LOL Mutt. I have Monkey here right now. She is in my bed asleep next to me. We havent seen her as much as we wanted this summer but when she got here this past weekend she is refusing to go back home! Her mom called last night to see how things are going and she told her that she wants to stay through the weekend! By then I will be exhausted...lol. I can handle her pretty well on my own because she is learning to be pretty independent with me. She is a big help. Its the other's that wear me out.