Just had the most awesome thing happen to me!

DammitJanet

I was on my way home from court and decided to pull into McDonald's to get me a biscuit. When I drove up to the window to pay, the cashier told me the car in front of me had paid for my meal and gave me a little coin about having a great day and paying it forward some day.

That just made my day and I cant stop smiling!

DammitJanet

Well it made me smile and be happy. I am thinking about what I can do. Maybe leave a nice plate of cookies and a soft drink in my mailbox for the mail lady. Or maybe I can flag down one of the cops that drive by our house and give them a treat.

witzend

Janet - husband used to be a letter carrier. They are timed to the 10th of a second, so it is difficult for them to deal with something like a plate of cookies. But, a frozen bottle of water with a note that says "thank you to our letter carrier" (you have to clarify that) and not in the box but on top or by the side (a total can of worms) would be gladly welcomed.

Very nice! Something similar happened to my husband at Wawa a week or 2 ago. He was in line paying for his coffee and breakfast sandwich, when it was his turn the cashier told him the lady before him paid his bill. He gave his $5 bill to her anyway and he paid for the lady behind him. As he was getting in his car this little old lady knocked on his window saying his praises and thanking him!! I thought that was very sweet. One little act of kindness can make someone's day.

DammitJanet

Good to know about the mail carriers. Next time I have to mail a letter I will put a frozen bottle of water in there too.

susiestar

Roll With It
It is always fun to find someone has paid it forward to you, and to pass it on. I often will overpay at the toll booth because it is such fun.

in my opinion it comes back to you.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
How cool!

I routinely will refuse change... I will tell them to pass it on to someone who needs it. I always get a smile, even if it's only a penny. Still, there have been times I was a cent or two short! The only time it was refused was when they told me it might throw their drawer off and they'd get in trouble either way. Ugh.

pasajes4

I have paid for peoples coffee and I once paid for a toy that an adorable little girl wanted at the grocery store. I bought it because when the mother told her she could not afford it, the little girl gave her mother a hug and said it was ok mommy. I just thought that was the sweetest thing. Now a days the kid usually throws a fit.

cubsgirl

Nice!! I have paid tolls for the cars behind me before (not so much now that I have an automatic payment thingie mounted in the car). I always wondered what the cars behind me thought when I paid their toll.