just one of those days...

So frustrated I either want to cry or punch someone...

OK, so a few days ago I ran into the president of the board. She saw me struggling with some bags (as there was no cart again) and I asked her if I could put up a note. She said that it was against the bylaws and that I could be fined.

But the moron with the cart in his unit gets off scott free?

Well, she says, nobody knows who it is, so there is nothing we can do. And since I already opened my big mouth, if a note should surface, there is a safe bet that it came from me.

Whatever.

So today I got ready to go to the grocery store. Not Aldi, where I do 90% of my shopping, just Jewel for produce and meat. And pop. I go downstairs. No carts. Not even the little squeaky one. Grrr. Go back upstairs. Grab my old lady cart. Go to store. Shop. Come home. Now, since it is over 40* outside, the usually quiet parking lot is bustling with people, and everybody is watching my fatass struggle with loading my old lady cart.

In my van is a bunch of junk that my mom gave me (crafts and such) that also need to go upstairs. I load them in the cart first, as they are bigger, with the groceries up top. This is a help because the bars on the side of the cart are widely spaced and I don't want the bags to slip out the sides.

Lock up the car. Awkwardly tilt cart. Strain back while trying to pull it behind me. Cart hits back of shoe. Entire cart tips over. Into a mud puddle. Are you fricking kidding me. ALL the grocery bags fall out. NONE of the junk from my mom does. It remains safely nestled within the confines of said cart.

Strawberries are escaping and rolling along the pavement. I'm trying not to swear. Now it starts to RAIN, folks. I do a quick mental checklist. Have I killed anyone lately? Committed adultery? Dishonored thy father? Coveted thy neighbor? Oh, it's the SABBATH, that must be it.

I pile the goods back into the cart and push/pull/yank it into the building. My back is SCREAMING in pain. Of COURSE I have to share the elevator. I could not have this moment to myself. I get to my door and dump all my food onto the counter. I salvage what strawberries I can (I hope Tink appreciates this. I don't even like strawberries). The cart is sitting in the hallway, taunting me. The bag of junk are still in it, and the residual moisture is starting to eat away at the bag. I gingerly try to pull the bag out. It is caught. I loosen the left side. Now it is caught on the right. I unhook the right side. Now it is caught on the left again. I growl (yes, I growl) and yank the stupid bag out. Paints, yarns, knick knacks, ribbons go flying everywhere.

Somebody order me a lobotomy.

trinityroyal

{{{{Hugs}}}} BBK.
I think I would have completely blown my stack and had a hissy fit right there in the parking lot.

I'm sorry you had such an awful time of it, and I dearly hope that the cart thief puts it back where he belongs. Karma WILL get him, somewhere, somehow.

Hope your day gets better.
Trinity

F

flutterbee

(((((hugs))))))

I say you do a house to house search for the missing cart. :tongue:

TerryJ2

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So sorry! been there done that. Wish I could have been there to help.
Can't believe you held it in that long! I would have been whaling strawberries at wet windshields!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I shall summon RAOUL - the cabana/bag boy - to come to your aid, carry your groceries, and craft material, navigate the parkinglot, gingerly leap into the building elevator, arise to your floor, unlatch your door---fight the behemoth that is your cart - slay the neighbor that is a sloth, light a few candles for you at mass (um since you MISSED CHURCH YOU SINNER), then unpack your groceries from your green bags ( you need green bags (canvas) for it kills polar bears to mfg. plastic ones) and then make you a nice non-alcoholic fruit smoothie with an umbrella, give you a toes massage a back massage - and then clean your apartment and kiss you lightly on the head as he leaves to thwart any more strawberries that lie dying in mudpuddles mocking you from the ground level.

Past that? There is nothing......NOTHING I can do for you friend.

Sending warm hugs and strawberry preserves.....
Star

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...BBK, what an adventure. Well, maybe not actually an adventure but torture. Hope they find the cart stealer and get it taken care of.

I laughed at the elevator story. Many times I have a cart full of hundreds of pounds of equipment that BARELY fits in the elevator that I have to wait for. When I finally find one, 6 people try to squeeze in it with me and my cart. CAN YOU WAIT FOR ANOTHER ELEVATOR?????:surprise:

Abbey

I know.

All I wanted to do was, like, pant in private. But no, this couple just had to get on the elevator with me. With their cute kid. So of course I had to make faces at the kid. To get him to smile.

And I didn't even get a smile.

Rotten kid.

Star, if Raoul can't get my mother to stop sending junk home with me, then forget it.

Of course the whole thing is laughable now. As it happened it was just like "You are kidding me. Are you kidding me? No. you have GOT to be kidding me. GAAAAHHH!"

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
BBK

I certainly hope you had at least 1 thing in those grocery bags that was something special for you to make it worth it.

Ugh. I HATE it when that stuff happens. One of the main reasons I'll NEVER miss apartment living.

I had a day the other day when seemed like I dropped everything I picked up. I got so aggravated that I sat down at the computer and refused to do anything else. lol

You know, they could have the super search for those carts. Call it a "bug check" or whatever. Not really that hard if they used their brain.

((((hugs))))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Please have Raoul type this out .....(whomever you are)

My Dearest Grandmama,

Please - no send no more junk home with the wildcat....it gets in the way of our massages and smoothie drink making.

We love your crafty side, but request that you keep it at home or recycle it with some of your friends and not your daughter...she is mine - I will see she gets all the crafts she needs.

Much Love
Crafty Raoul

Raoul

Meu Mais caro Grandmama,

Por favor - nenhum não emita não mais sucata home com... o.it desorganizado começa na maneira de de nossos massages e fazer da bebida do smoothie. Nós amamos seu lado crafty, mas pedimos que você o mantem no repouso ou recycle o com os alguns de seus amigos e não sua filha... é minha - eu verei que começa todos os ofícios que necessita.

Muito Amor Raoul Crafty

PS.

Raoul he love Big Bad Kitty and hope lady have better day.

Muito Amor,
Raoul-