Just over it

sherden24

I am a new member on this forum......

I have a 12 year old with ADHD, Depression and Asperger's. She is medicated. We are in therapy. We have problems and issues with EVERYTHING. Every. Single. Day. I am just so overwhelmed and sad and depressed. She is disrespectful to everyone. Today her daddy got onto her and she just threw a huge big fit. I dont' do hardly anything because I can't go anywhere. Or we can't. Her daddy and I are just at our wits ends. We have school starting in 2 weeks. New school. Last school was a disaster. I am worried about this one too. Anyway, I am hoping to find support.

pasajes4

ADHD is more than just difficulty with paying attention and/or physical activity. It can cause explosive behavior and non compliance with rules. I would start with a nuropsych (spelling?) evaluation and a thorough medical exam. Family therapy can be a good thing. Consistent rewards and consequences .........

Others will come along with more advice. Oh and welcome to our little corner of the world.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Welcome sherden24. I am glad you found our little corner of the world but sorry you needed to.

Does your daughter have and an IEP at school? Is it followed?

Sending gentle hugs your way.

jugey

Hi Sherden,

Feeling your pain. We too have many many issues. Life can be very tough! I agree that a neuro-psychiatric evaluation is a good place to start, if you don't already have one.

There really doesn't seem to be an easy answer.

We have structured our difficult child's environment to the max in an effort to help her, but the struggle rages on.

Will maturity bring her and us some relief??? I hope so, but no guarantees.

I only know that husband and I are doing everything we know to do and the best that we can. That's all we can do.