Just returned from ER - Update

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt had a complete & total disconnect this evening resulting in self harming behaviors.

Suffice it to say kt is home tonight with a severely sprained wrist & possible concussion. After her PRN finally kicked in an admit was off the table. Fine with me - don't care to go that route just yet. Will if I have to - not tonight though. Simply too tired to sit through a 10 admittance process.

In the meantime, a call was put into psychiatrist & he will be seeing kt on an emergency basis tomorrow. CM was informed of the situation this evening; Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker rode with us to the hospital - I sent her home after the medications kicked in for kt.

Trigger, you ask? Really no clue - have never had a specific trigger from kt when she is at this level.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh Linda,
I'm so sorry. I'm glad the psychiatrist will see her tomorrow. I'm glad she is calm right now. I wish I had more to offer but am sending many gentle hugs and prayers.

TerryJ2

Hugs, Linda. You will need your rest and strength for tomorrow. You've been through enough today. Good luck to all of you! I'll be thinking about you all day.

BestICan

This community rocks.
I'm so sorry to hear what you're dealing with! But it really seems like your team is working together. It's a sad situation but I'm really impressed with how very capable and on top of things you sound. Three cheers for you and all my best for a better day tomorrow!

DazedandConfused

My heart sank when I saw the title of this thread. I'm so rooting for KT to function well at home.

I'm impressed with the coordination of her team. Catch your breath and get some rest.

(((hugs)))

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I must say I am impressed by the team you have working for her. I was hoping this would last longer as well... sorry she is suffering still. Please get some rest and your family can start over again in the morning. Sending good thoughts and strength.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm hoping for a better day today as well. As I tucked kt into bed last night I reminded her that tomorrow is a new day with new choices to be made. I cannot be sure how aware she was of the "antics" of last night. kt will likely share this with therapist at day treatment today.

I do believe the honeymoon is over; funny how quickly these things fly.

Will follow up with psychiatrist, therapist, crisis team, & mental health case manager today - most of this will be to further fine tune the crisis plan & response time.

Thanks all for the well wishes & such. I'm going to consider this just a bump in the road.

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> it does sound like *the plan* worked well.

poor kt...& you.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Linda,

I'm so sorry!!! You are doing everything you possibly can for kt!!! I think you handled the situation well.

I'm glad the medications kicked in and kt was able to remain at home last night. Now I know why you need to catch up on your sleep!!!

Hopefully, today will be a better day as kt was calm this morning before school. I know you'll update us when you can...

Sending cyber hugs. WFEN :flower:

slsh

member since 1999
Aw, Linda- breaks my heart. Sending you and ktbug gentle hugs and strong thoughts for a better day today.

Alisonlg

Oh Linda! I'm so sorry to hear what you went through. Just a bump in the road...great outlook! :smile:

:::big hugs:::