Just shoot me now...

trinityroyal

Witz, here are the steps:

1. Select the message you want to delete
2. Look for the Actions option in the menu bar.
3. From the Actions list, choose one of the following options:
- If you want to just remove the message, select Recall This Message
- If you want to replace the message with a different one, select Replace This Message, and follow the on-screen prompts.

If the receiver has not yet opened your message, it will be removed from his inbox. You will get a notification saying something like "Message Recall Success"
If the received has already opened your message, he will get a note saying something like "Witzend is attempting to recall this message". And you will get a notification saying "Message Recall Failure".

If your boss has a habit of not checking his e-mail regularly you might be in luck. If he checks it but doesn't really read it, I wouldn't use this feature as it would just call attention to the message you're trying to recall.

Sending many hugs.
Trinity

witzend

Thanks, Trinity. I need to update my Outlook, because this is not an option on my antique version. :( I haven't even had the nerve to open my email today. He didn't see it yesterday...

klmno

Try it, Witz- you have nothing to lose. I have to face my stupid mistake tomorrow so let's commit to doing this together!

trinityroyal

Thanks, Trinity. I need to update my Outlook, because this is not an option on my antique version. :( I haven't even had the nerve to open my email today. He didn't see it yesterday...

The option has been available for the last few versions. If you're using MS Office 2000 or later it should be available. It's a bit hard to find, because you have to double-click the message and open it in a separate view window, not just highlight it in the message list, before the Action menu becomes visible. (I should have mentioned that the first time).

Jody

I am looking at your avatar and looks like that person is scared of nothing. LOL. I would think if he hasn't said anything about it maybe he hasn't seen it yet.

buddy

I have the 2007 version and it is on there.... but you do have to click to open the sent message first... I did an old one just to see and it was an option there...

witzend

I had tried it with by just clicking on the message earlier, but now it does seem to give me that option when I open the message. It says I have attempted to recall it. So, I've done what I can do. But I'll NEVER forget this again! LOL! He still has said nothing, so I'm hoping he will just ignore it, like most everything else I do... I wasn't as worried that he'd see that I had sent it, as that he would see the response from the other guy.