Just stopping in...

Sunlight

hi there. glad you are keeping busy with your new private eye stuff...that makes me smile. after all werent you well trained by your history with difficult child??

soemtimes all we can do is let go. we can clean up our own world and get busy again. we let them to theirs. been there done that still doing it with ant.

rejectedmom

Hi Cookie! I have missed you! I also redid my difficult child's room. It used to hurt so much to pass by it and remember all the trauma. him beating walls with chains him calling me foul names and throwing things at me or smashing things. This is a beautiful house with a long history of peaceful occupants. We had given difficult child the nicest room potential wise in the house. It didn't deserve the abuse he inflicted on it as much as I didn't deserve what he directed on me. So I remodeled difficult child's room doing all the work myself. It is now a beautiful and peaceful light filled sitting room where I read and sew. It also reaffirms and cements in my mind that fact that I cannot let difficult child back under my roof no matter how much I want to. -RM

KFld

Good for you RM. We turned difficult child's room into an office after we painted and recarpeted it. It's nice and bright now. The nicest thing is that I can actually leave the door open now. I don't have to close the door and hide the filth anymore. Everytime I go visit difficult child I go into his room and I am still amazed at how clean it is. All those years he had me fooled that he couldn't clean his own room :smile:

Coookie

I have just missed you all so much. Didn't realize exactly how much until I read the responses here. :crying: So much wisdom and love. :flower:

I will just have to make the time to reconnect with all of you. Even though difficult child is no longer a part of our daily lives, he is still apart of our hearts and going through the pain that brings is better to do it with people who know the situation. Perhaps maybe I have been trying to live as if all the crap never happened. I don't know...but I do know that reading your responses has been like a breath of fresh air. You all really do understand..I knew that at one point but guess I just sorta forgot? :hammer: :shocked:

difficult children room is in the basement, which we seldom enter, so I think I will turn it into a storage room until we sell the house...which is what husband and I are seriously contemplating. We are talking about buying some land and building a log cabin. :smile:

One thing that I have noticed is just how wounded we are. When you are in the thick of things it seems to be hidden beneath all the garbage and when the wounder is gone the wounds seem to come to the surface before the healing starts. Make sense?

I just love you all too pieces and will be checking in much more freqently ... I promise.

Linda, this week won't work for golf but I will call you about next week. Might have to be short notice but my clubs are in my trunk :smile:

Mystery shopping is contracting with companies to go into their businesses as a customer to evaluate customer service. :smile:

Hugs & love

ScentofCedar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KFld</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

All those years he had me fooled that he couldn't clean his own room :smile: </div></div>

:rofl:

HA!

Barbara

:smile:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hi Coookie,
Just seeing this now-good to hear from you-sorry difficult child is making such poor choices. Hugs to you.

jamrobmic

I'm also glad you checked in; I had been wondering how things were going. I'm sorry to hear difficult child has slipped farther down the slope, but I still think he will eventually turn it around. You and husband gave him the tools to be able to lead a decent life, and I think he will eventually decide it would be smart to use them. In the meantime, I'm glad you and husband are reconnecting, and that you've found something that keeps you busy and happy. You sound a lot stronger than the last time we heard from you :thumb:

rejectedmom

Hey Cookie! The log home sounds wonderful! I had thought about doing that when I am done with this old house. They are really beautiful and have come such a long way since they were reintroduced in the 70's. I am glad you decided to come around here more often. We have had some nice posts on healing in this forum. It does help to know there are others who totally understand our pain and situations. Glad you are keeping busy and hoping to see you around the forum. -RM