Just talked to the PO

BusynMember

MWM - you are right, she was clean for a while and wants to be again. She doesn't want to use. She wants to learn how not to use. I think she is in the right place to really get a lot out of this. She really wants sobriety...
PG, my daughter quit and then used again at least three times before finally stopping. I don't see your daughter as a chronic user. She loves her son and cared enough about him to give you guardianship of him. Many difficult children would have used your precious grandson against you and have punished you even if it hurt Connor. She did not do that. I have a lot of good feelings about your daughter's ability to do this program and come out a more mature and sober young woman. Peer pressure is so huge. That did my daughter in many times. But this program can hopefully teach her to cope with it and maybe she will make friends who are determined to also become sober and they can hang together as a support system. Remember, nobody would send MY daughter to rehab so she had no program, nobody to teach her how to cope with the peer pressure that is the BIG enemy.

Meanwhile your beloved daughter is safe. Your precious grandson is safe and all set for a fun Christmas. And you two have done a marvelous job with him and your daughter too. You can see the good person behind the drugs, like I could with my daughter. I believe she wants to do well. I hope for a very happy ending for the PatriotsGirl family.

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

PatriotsGirl

MWM - thank you. I CAN see the good behind the drug mess.

I do have a sliver of hope back these days but husband does not and I can't talk to him about anything going on anymore. He just gets angry and I honestly do not blame him. I was there, too. I told him that the rehab was picking her up on Monday and he just grunted and apologized for not being excited. He is convinced it will be yet another failed attempt.

I mentioned this morning how I was taking the car to the rehab on Monday morning and he asked why I was bringing it. Well who else is going to bring it?? I didn't ask for his help bringing it; I asked my best friend. Her husband is installing the water pump in it and then we are bringing the car with everything in it that difficult child needs.

This is her first time going to a real program. The last one she went to was more sober living than rehab and she was not there, yet. This is a full treatment program. This is the first time she is crying for help and wants the help. I think when she went to rehab last time she was just looking for a place to stay...

Time will tell but we will have a Merry Christmas. I was already determined not to let difficult child affect the holiday for anyone else. But now, knowing that she will be in the treatment program and have that support and counseling through the holidays will make me relax more. :)

I love you all - I hope you all have a very relaxing and happy holiday!!!!

PatriotsGirl

Ha - she just called. She had NO idea that she had been accepted. No clue that she was going to treatment on Monday. She is so excited. She actually can't wait to work on herself. She has questions on why she does things and is hoping to get to the bottom of it. I really hope she keeps up this attitude...if she does, she will get a lot out of this.

She said the rehab told her that we can come visit on Christmas but she totally understands if we don't. I simply told her we are not there yet...too soon...despite the holiday...

PatriotsGirl

Me too. I didn't want to have hope again. I was so gosh tired of being let down. I am mad at myself for having hope and that stinks... :( I feel myself getting excited and I want to smack myself. This horrible roller coaster...

Nancy

PG I am so hoping this is the program that will be the turning point for her. And I agree I would not rush to go visit her on Christmas. You don't want to make this too nice for her, she should understand what her using has lost her and Connor deserves to have a nice Christmas at hime.