Just talked to Weeping Willow

witzend

I wanted to let you all know that I spoke with Weeping Willow on the phone about 30 minutes ago. She is holding up as well as can be expected. They are going to a wilderness area in the City where her sister likes to hike to look for her today. I am hoping that they will be able to bring Heidi's dog with them, and that the dog will be of some help.

I am printing up some of the fliers and doing what I can to get some of them out in the area. I made WW promise to call me this evening and update me. I spent the day in the hospital with husband yesterday, and I'm just now catching up with his medications and the sick dog here at home, but I will be back on schedule this evening, I hope.

WW said something to the effect of the authorities making a comment about there being "no new evidence" to investigate, and of course Heidi is an adult. I will look into some areas of search and rescue this afternoon and see if I can help make some connections there.

nvts

Witz: thanks for the update! Please let her know that we're all thinking and praying and hoping for her sister to return soon!

You, husband and Ddog are in my prayers as well!

Keep us in the loop!

Beth

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm glad you are there for support, Witz. I'm sure it means a lot to WW and her family. Thanks for the head's up.

Suz

Nancy

Thanks for the update witz. She's been on my mind all day. Please tell her that we are all keeping her sister in our thoughts and prayers.

Nancy

Marguerite

Thanks, witz. I sure hope they can find her soon. Sometimes I really can't fathom the authorities - she MAY be an adult, but she's an adult who needs help. To fail to keep looking and claim 'privacy' in this situation is wrong, I feel.

Go Ddog! Seek!

Here's hoping she's got some shelter somewhere.

Marg

DDD

Thanks for the update. I, too, have thought of her a number of time.
Let's hope that "the system" doesn't drop the ball again. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Plan B:

If the system DOES drop the ball I hope everyone here calls the state and complains!

Witz- anything we can do you let us know.

Willow and family have been on my mind all day.

I'm with Marg - Go Dog Go!

donna723

If there is a State prison anywhere near where they are, most of them have dog tracking teams (Bloodhounds). If the local police department or sheriffs office makes the request, the Warden of the prison (or Shift Commander after hours) will almost always approve the use of their dog team in cases like this.

They have done this many, many times at the prison where I work. Our tracking team has been called in, not only to track escapees from local county jails, but also lost children and Alzheimers patients who wandered off. It's worth a try!

Witz, thank you for being the go between. I would wager that your support means more to her than she can even voice. It means the world to us that you are keeping us updated.

That poor family.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I posted this over on the other WW thread... wanted to let anyone, ANYONE please know...
I wanted to add that I talked to WW also. And if there are any board members lurking from OREGON... please if you read this, pass this info on!!!! She asked that anybody pass it on...
Anybody that thinks they can do something, forward the news story... Please. The Oregonian has it Online... she thanks all of you for your support... if you can think of ANYTHING...
Thanks from WW...

R

runawaybunny

I posted the info about Heidi and the police contact numbers on my other websites and encourage anyone with a website or contacts in Oregon to distribute this information.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
There is strength in numbers. With as many members as we have.......and people each of us know........Well, that's just more eyes out there looking.

I keep popping in even when I should be doing other things hoping for updates.

witzend

I was not able to talk to WW this evening. My wireless has been down, and husband is my IT guy. He's pretty drugged up at this point so I'm trying to get by on the ethernet cable when I can, but I'm pooped for today. I'm going to call her in the morning and see if I can help her light a fire under some search and rescue type help.

I know that she has been getting a lot of support from Totoro, who of course is going through her own out of town experience with her daughter's Neuro evaluation. It seems like when it rains it pours. I'm going to see if I can get your good thoughts and wishes printed up and out to WW. I know that she appreciates all of the love we have to offer her and her family.

There is no new news on the wires here about Heidi, just a re-hashing of what has already been said. I'll see if I can do anything to comfort WW tomorrow. She's really being very brave in the face of an unthinkable situation.