Just wanted everyone to know

KFld

I came home from my vacation today and had a wonderful week, but I need to head down to Florida on Monday because my mom is not doing well at all.

I'm not ready to do this and I'm really afraid to see her because according to my dad it's not going to be easy. She took a turn for the worse very quickly and I know this will be the last time I see her. My sister is going with me and my dad can't wait until I get there. My mom is in the hospice inpatient, but can't stay there because all of her organs are strong and this could go on for a very long time. My dad has to move her into a home and just wait and I feel so bad for him. He said she's at the point that she probably won't even know she has been moved.

I caught up on most of your posts today and I want you to know that I'm thinking of all of you and I may get to check in before I leave, but if now, keep me, my mom and my dad in your prayers.

DDD

Karen, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. It's a blessing that you have had the week off to rest before facing the stressful Florida trip. Sending hugs, my friend. DDD

DammitJanet

Oh Karen, Im so sorry that you are having to face this. It is never easy.

Prayers going up for you and your family.

F

flutterbee

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Sending prayers of strength and comfort.

scent of cedar

Oh, Karen.

Sending strength, and keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad you could go to be with your father, and that he does not have to do this alone.

I too wish your mother peace.

We will be waiting for you.

Barbara

muttmeister

Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. I know it is a difficult time for all but it is good that you will be able to be there, for both your mother and your father.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm so sorry, Karen. Your visit will be meaningful for your Mom but it will mean the world to your Dad. I'm glad you will be together.

Hugs,
Suz

Nancy

I'm very sorry. It's so hard to watch our parents go through this and to deal with our own emotions at the same time. Sending prayers for your family.

Nancy

saving grace

Karen, so sorry to hear of your pain. Sending caring thoughts your way. Whatever strength I have left this week I will send your way. Chin up

Grace