Just when things were appearing to be better.......

unc tarheel

Well, I had just gotten home from a job interview ( went very well :)), and recieved a phone call from my ds school. He had another tantrum: leaving class without premission, throwing things, calling classmates names. So, go the office and he sitting with the asst. principal, reading a book. The reason for the outburst- his friend wanted to work a puzzle with another classmate

My ds is scheduled to go to a developmental/behavioral doctor in 3 weeks. He has ADHD and anxiety disorder. I also think he had ODD as well. We do not have an IEP, but I am going to request one. This has been twice in a month that I had to pick him up. I just had to vent. Thanks for listening!

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

C

Confused

Im so sorry he had an episode :( but it sounds like your on the right track with the Dr and an IEP. I will pray you get the job! Vent away :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Ugh! Not a fun day. I'm sorry he is struggling so much in school right now. I agree that requesting an IEP is a good idea. Sending understanding hugs your way as my difficult child often did similar things when he was younger.

jugey

Having some very difficult days here too. Sorry to hear you are too! Good luck with the job. I hope tomorrow is much better!

IT1967

I'm sorry you're going through this. I am going through the exact same thing with-my difficult child 2 right now (he has those diagnosis's you listed) and I'm beside myself over it. I hate to be Debbie Downer, but I'm at the point of wondering what any of it really does for my kids. Medications, therapy, 504's. We've done them all. None of it works long-term. At least not for my kids. I'm at the end of my rope over here feeling as though my children are going to have very unhappy lives. I just want them to change! I know, completely illogical. And I'm sorry to hijack your thread. I haven't been here in some time, but am in a very dark place over it all. I really hope you can get some help for your child that works better than for mine.