Just when you think...

Abbey

Spork Queen
...that things could get worse. I'm right now doing a load of laundry with Spic and Span, or whatever it's called. I can't find my detergent. I believe (not sure) that I have a working washer. I'll be hanging the rest. I should smell shiny fresh.

Went into work today for a mandatory meeting...took the bus, waited...it's cancelled until next Saturday. Sat and waited for the bus again, then missed my stop. ARGH! GIANT SPORK TIME. I have to make a transfer, which I have never done. Insert a bit of panic here. I'm talking to the bus driver, "Excuse me? But I have no flipping idea where I am or when to ring the bell. I know it's near this street." Yeah, just remind me or I'll forget.

Great. Two people losing their minds. I'll forget to remind you. Then I'll be in South Caronlina or something like that.

Andy

I take it your are home safely now. Good to get through that. Might be easier to ask a fellow passenger to help instead of the driver?

Did you find your detergent? Glad you mentioned it, I have sheets in the wash to hang out. I am sure the wash machine is done by now.

I hope your day goes better.

Lothlorien

I didn't even know they still made Spic and Span. Haven't seen that around here in years.

Why didn't they at least call you to tell you that the meeting was cancelled. They should pay you for the travel time and bus...did they even offer?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmm. If you're gonna cancel a manditory meeting it's only proper to contact your employee and save them the wasted trip.

I'd ask passengers to help with your stop, not the driver. Grandma and I rode the bus for years and years, but I never once head her ask a bus driver anything. It was always a passenger. I don't think she trusted the bus drivers. lol

Spic and span? Do they still make that stuff? My grandma used to swear by it.

I'm guessing you made it home safe and sound. But if you're like me, you'll never miss your stop again.

((hugs))

Abbey

Spork Queen
No, washer is not working. Now I have to figure out how to deal with a totally wet load of laundry soaked in Spic and Span.

Just got a call from my mom that my neice's unborn child has been diagnosed with Trisomy 18. It's a fatal condition. 5 months in. NOT GOOD. So they're in the process of having the pregnancy terminatated, which is a legal issue in that state. Imagine that.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Just got a call from niece. She just left court and the procedure will be done on Tuesday. How sad. The baby is severely deformed on arms, feet and internal organs. I can't imagine the paperwork/court/waiting thing.

Abbey

KTMom91

So sorry, Abbey. Prayers going up for your niece. I can't even imagine how difficult this is for her, and then adding court on top of that? Poor girl.

Lothlorien

I know a couple who had a child with that. The baby lived for almost three years, but was up all night and cried most of the day. The child's head was malformed. It was blind and deaf and basically had very little brain function. As horrible as it sounds, it was a relief when the child finally passed on.

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG. I don't know how this day could go worse. I just got a call from my daughter that her roomie for 3 years passed away today. Just shy of 21 years old. Same thing I have.

It's a very rapid auto-immune disorder that will take your life down in under 30 days if you're not properly treated.

My daughter is obviosly in distress. She doesn't know what to do.

I told her that I wish I had great answers, but I don't. My best advice was to give her family a day of thinking, then maybe give them a call and ask what they need.

I just don't understand this. There are medications out there that can help.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so sorry Abbey. What a horrible thing for your neice to have to go thru. Sending up prayers for your neice and the family as well.

I'm done complaining about my week. Sending up prayers for your daughter and her friends family. How sad.

(((hugs)))

DammitJanet

Heavens Abbey...when it rains it certainly pours and it seems like you are stuck in a deluge. I am so sorry and prayers are being sent to all concerned.

Lothlorien

Did she not know she was sick? What is the disorder?
I'm sorry Abbey. Did you know this girl, too? Was your daughter still living with her?