Justin, Ashley and Kyla are moving to CA in the morning

VickiL

Well, they are moving to my sister's house in CA tomorrow morning. They are packed and ready to go. I have mixed feelings on all of this. They definitely need to get away from here, but I'm afraid that they are both seeing they are way too young to be parents. They are GREAT parents, but the enormity of the whole situation is hitting both of them like a ton of bricks. She's never been farther than TX (with me) in her whole life and is scared. Justin just wants to get back on his feet. I so hope this works. All I can do is pray for the best for them and miss my granddaughter like crazy!! I just have to have faith that this is for the best.

Please keep them in your prayers for a safe trip! I'll rest easier when they call me from CA on Friday or Saturday.

Thank you all for being such good friends. It's gonna be a rough couple of months until I get used to them being gone:(

witzend

Fingers crossed for all of you, Vicki! Remember how scared you were when you were first starting out? They're good kids, and they will be fine.

{{{{{{{{Big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

VickiL

Considering they have been at my house now for almost two hours PACKING everything (nothing like last minute!) and my son has called me almost every name in the book because ALL of his girlfriend's clothes won't fit in the car, and now I wish they would just get their **** and get out, I am really glad they are leaving. I need to be away from the drama for a while. I am so drained and mentally exhausted. Thank you all for your prayers. And yes, I do remember when I first went out on my own...I did NOT treat my mom like dog poo...:(:(

Lothlorien

I'm sure it's the stress of the situation. At least they will be with family and hopefully things will work out. Sorry he's being such a turd right now.

VickiL

Well, calmer heads prevailed (it was 1AM!! when they left my house) and they are on their way. Left about 11:30am. Stress is such a zapper of energy and positive thinking and I had been dealing with them since Friday night (car breaking down, me being a taxi, etc) and I think I have really gotten used to this "empty nest" that husband and I have. Well, except when Alex comes up but he stays with friends the whole time :)

ANYWAY, we have all made up and they are to call me when they get to where they are staying tonight. With Justin being a night owl and them leaving so late, I really don't expect to hear from them until tomorrow morning when they take off again.

I really am excited for them to take this big leap of faith and try and better their lives for their daughter. Time will tell if it was a smart move, but they are both adults (using that term sort of loosely right now:)) and they are both wonderful, loving and attentive parents to Kyla and that's all I can really ask for at this point.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers (at least til they land in CA safely).

And once again, thanks for being here for me, too!