K wants a pet spider!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yeah so she is still not doing very well.. ha ha. It is 34 degress!!! She is outside in a t-shirt, crocs, leggings... NO socks, jacket etc...

I caught a spider this morning and because she was right there, I put it on a dust bin and had her throw it outside...

SO now she is obsessed with finding, said spider catching it and saving it. She has 4 wishes, that spiders are,

1. Nice
2. warm blooded
3. live with us
4.something else.... she has been rambling so much I can't keep up!!!! LOL

4. Oh yeah !!! They can talk!!!

She just went and got gloves and a coat... door left open. :hammer: 4th time now... she has a little cage.
Sunday I caught 3 little crawfish, or crawdaddies, whichever you prefer, I had to make up a tank for them and let them spend the night!!! I let them go last night...

Everytime she walks by me she is spelling whatever she is doing... so- sweatshirt- s-w- sweat- s-w-e-a-t sweat- shirt- s-h-i-r-t- ... just in her own world...

HAVE I MENTIONED I DON'T LIKE SPIDERS????

So what did i just do out in my less than warm clothes??? I went outside for my special child... and helped her find a spider... I lifted a rock and there was a medium sized spider... "get him Mom, get HIM" So what did I do!?!?!?

I picked him up with my..... BARE HANDS!!!! EEEEKKKKK!!! and put him in her little cage.

MOMMY OF THE YEAR!!!

She is happy for a few minutes.

susiestar

Roll With It
You are SO TOTALLY MOMMY OF THE YEAR!!!!

NO chance my kids ever had an indoor insect pet. They have been taught that the only inside bugs are SUICIDAL bugs.

Quite literally. Each of my kids will tell you that. I don't kill them outside if I can avoid it, but if they come inside, they are dead. If I see them.

Lucky daughter!!!

Susie (still shuddering!)

Mommy of the Year trophy fer sure.

I will pick up crickets and cicadas, but spiders are above and beyond.

by the way, I think it is really cute that she is so concerned for this spider. Of course that's easy for me to say since I don't have to deal with the actual arachnid.

totoro

I am the snake handler, bug handler the all things creepy handler in the house!!! husband is just not that into it!!! The spider was crawling across her sweater, K is saying "oh he is so cute" husband is trying to get it on a peice of newspaper!!! Back in the cage!!!

I even have one og the little squirrels in the front trained to take peanuts out of my hand!!!
Dr. Doolittle...

But I really don't like spiders.... really

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hey Doolittle - Do a lot!

I am SO proud of you for handling the spider! Way to go SuperMom!

Kathy813

Staff member
I'm not sure whether you should get mother of the year or be committed.

I'm afraid I would have had to explain to her that spiders ARE NOT PETS!

:rofl: :rofl:

But if you need some really big ones, ask scent of cedar to send you a few from her dock. They evidently grow very large in Wisconsin.

~Kathy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: totoro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked him up with my..... BARE HANDS!!!! EEEEKKKKK!!! and put him in her little cage.</div></div> THERE IS NOOOO WAY I WOULD TOUCH A SPIDER UNLESS IT WAS A GRANDADDY LONG LEGS AND THEN I STILL GET SQUIRMISH :nonono: :doctor: :slap: :thumbsdown: :crazy:

YOU KNOW JUST MY OPINION

Steely

:warrior:
<span style="color: #990000">YOU DEFINITELY GET MOMMY OF THE YEAR!!!!!</span>

Oh K sounds like Mat at that age!!! Manic, but oh so cute sometimes! We had so many frogs, crickets, worms, geckos, lizard pets it was out of control! And yes, I would have done the exact same thing as you! Running through the ice, snow, slush, to rescue the lost spider, that somehow had taken on the life of an actual pet, in Mat's own racing mind.
:blizzard:

meowbunny

AWWWW ... What an awesome twosome -- the little one who cares for all creatures and the Mom who is willing to bring an 8-legged creature out of the cold no matter what her true feelings are. Take a bow you two!!!!

And please don't name the spider Charlotte -- the last thing you want is 500 or so babies.

totoro

Creepy and Yucky... yup there are now 2!!! :surprise:

And she likes those names...
We have been outside looking for food... can it get worse? I have my own dock spiders thank you!!! They are huge!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
You are way braver than me-there is no way I would do that-I never thought it was good I passed my fear of spiders to my children but now I do!