Kanga back in psychiatric hospital: Update #1 - bottom pg2

JJJ

Too tired to write much, just spent 8 hours in ER. Kanga is back in psychiatric hospital, will be transferred to a different psychiatric hospital on Thursday (as soon as a bed opens) and may possibly be going Residential Treatment Center (RTC) after that -- depending on funding, etc.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Triple J,

Keeping body parts crossed for Kanga & the funding for Residential Treatment Center (RTC). She's been on a downward spiral all year long & I've been watching for updates on her.

Is the hospital planning on keeping her there until funding & a bed are found. wm was bad enough that they kept him in the hospital for 7 weeks until everything else was set up. We didn't even have to refuse to pick him up - psychiatrists had no intention of discharging him to home. I'm hoping/praying that is the game plan for kanga.

Keep yourself healthy, my friend.

Wiped Out

Staff member
JJJ,
I'm sorry. I do hope they find the funding for the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Seems to me when kiddos need that level of care it should be provided for by the powers that be. Prayers and gentle hugs.

ck1

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts, hoping the funding comes through for you.

KateM

JJJ, it's been such a tough year for you! I'm sorry. Prayers and good thoughts that Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is funded soon and that you will have peace and time to recharge.

slsh

member since 1999
I am so sorry to hear this. Hope the bed opens soon and funding comes through - did you go for the grant?

Many gentle hugs for you.

nvts

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. You've been so engaged in this whole thing for so long. I hope that this gives you the peace and her the ability to flourish.

There are quite a few of us who are ready for a new year, and I hope it comes in with funding and tranquility for you and Kanga!

Many hugs,

Beth

I'm so sorry. I hope she receives the care that she needs and an excellent treatment plan is put in place prior to her discharge.

Please try to take care of yourself during this extremely stressful time. Sending lots of hugs your way... WFEN

DammitJanet

So sorry to hear this too. Hope the funding works out so that she can get the help that she needs. May this new year be the turning point for her.

everywoman

So sorry. I know you are hurting and in pain. I hope funding comes through and you can get a break and she can get some help in functioning a little better. Hugs.