Kanga back in psychiatric hospital: Update #1 - bottom pg2

Steely

Soooo...........sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on how she is doing. :frown:

JJJ

I spoke with the grant contact person and she is sending the packet out today. I will put in the official request for Kanga to be transferred to our preferred hospital tomorrow (they didn't have any beds last night but have 3 patients scheduled for discharge tomorrow).

Tonight I'm going to try and get my house clean so at least I feel in control of something.

Janna

Aww, JJJ, I'm so sorry :crying:

I hope you get the grant to get her into the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Sending gentle hugs to you, my friend :flower:

DDD

That's great that your preferred hospital is likely to have openings. I know that must bring some comfort. Meanwhile I am
sending caring cyber thoughts your way. DDD

JJJ

AAAAUUUGGGHHHH! I called 3 hours ago to start the process to transfer her. Just called back to check on progress and it hasn't even been started yet because no one knew who does that. :grrr:

I refused to be pushed aside and laughed when they told me the doctor did that. Really, their doctor's are so underworked that they have time to call around and find open beds??? The nurse agreed that that didn't make sense and she kept calling up the chain until she found someone who knew the process. Great job Nurse J :nurse: Guess what, it is the responsibility of the 1st woman I spoke with (therapist D) :slap:

Nurse J is going to help her start the process and I said if I don't hear from therapist D within 45 minutes that the appropriate calls have been made, I am calling back!! I'm also going to call the new hospital and make sure that they still have a bed, I doubt they will hold it for me, but if they have a bed, maybe our private psychiatrist can call and have it held.

Meanwhile, we had out 72-hour staffing and the hospital psychiatrist (same as her 1st psychiatric hospital stay at 11 yrs) said that she understand right from wrong but does not show remorse for her actions nor an understanding of the severity or possible consequences (death) of her choices. They are going to put her on their Challenge Program which apparently is some intense therapeutic program where she loses all recreational activities until she works through the real problems -- not just parrots what she thinks will get her through the therapy and back to the tv room.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Stay strong... Take care of yourself through this, remember to eat, try to sleep, breathe... I hope she can get some balance, that poor child.
I am so sorry for your family... sending all of you lots of strength.
:warrior: You get em' don't let them push you aside!!!

busywend

So sorry for all this that is happening to your Kanga. Big hugs coming your way!

Sending out good vibes to get her placed as efficiently as possible.

Star*

call 911........call 911
What a brave little girl - (((hugs)))) WHAT AN INCREDIBLE WARRIOR MOM!! Smoke'em if you got'em! (I think you smoked em) lol